• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No 1st Class Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR247

Established Member
Hi

I cant seem to find any 1st class tickets for the 0843 Euston - Edinburgh via Birmingham N St on the 3rd of September. I thought it was a pendo? :? for
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Never mind, found them on VT website :) for £300 1 adult one child. I'll try splitting in Brum

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EltonRoad

Unusual train! It's available on the NXEC booking engine as a through train from Euston to Edinburgh via Birmingham, but in Virgin's timetables there's no mention of it being a through train. It's shown as separate trains, Euston to Birmingham and Birmingham to Edinburgh.

There's no through train back again, at least not on the NXEC booking engine.

When I tried it on the booking engine there were no First Class tickets available, but there were for the same train on 2 September.

MCR247

Established Member
I found it on the NXEC booking engine, with the fares on the 'more expensive' button

rail-britain

Established Member
I cant seem to find any 1st class tickets for the 0843 Euston - Edinburgh via Birmingham N St on the 3rd of September. I thought it was a pendo?
Never mind, found them on VT website :) for £300 1 adult one child. I'll try splitting in Brum
08:43 Euston - Birmingham 10:08 Class 390
10:20 Birmingham - Edinburgh 14:22 Class 221

This is the old Euston - Edinburgh and preferred journey now
The alternative is to travel to Preston and change trains; try that for a fare

First Class on the Edinburgh service is usually taken up quickly
I travelled on the 13:51 Preston - Edinburgh and all seats were reserved

rail-britain

Established Member
As above, they are supposed to be separate trains (Euston - BNS / BNS - Edinburgh)
For some reason National Rail has linked them as one service
Either that, or Virgin Trains have planned for it but the reservation system still has been changed accordingly
There is still nothing about this change in the Virgin Trains booking system either

MCR247

Established Member
They are running on the 3rd Septembers as well

OwlMan

Established Member
Probably the after effects of the major work on 29-31 August weekend (Stafford-Rugby - Euston closed-blockbusters running from Coventry -Marylebone).
There is probably some cpacity issues while the work is completed

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.