• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No advances late Sun 14 Jul EUS-BHM/WVH

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
Looking to travel to London on Sunday 14 July, from Wolverhampton, coming back on the 23:25 train, but there are no advances available to either Birmingham or Wolverhampton on this train or the 22:35 before it (although there is to Coventry on this train). Can anyone think why?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Looking to travel to London on Sunday 14 July, from Wolverhampton, coming back on the 23:25 train, but there are no advances available to either Birmingham or Wolverhampton on this train or the 22:35 before it (although there is to Coventry on this train). Can anyone think why?

Possibly they are doing engineering works and there is a bus replacement service in operation, if this is the case they aren't exactly going to encourage you to travel

National Rail Enquiries should tell you, does the times look out

Last edited:

dvboy

Established Member
The times are fine, and there are advances available earlier in the day, just not those two trains. They responded on twitter to say they will be released on 5 July. In the meatime I'm not sure if I want to book an outward ticket on its own or an outward and a saver half, or use one of my free LM tickets for the outward, and book a saver half or wait.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
FYI You cannot book a Saver Half on its own.

dvboy

Established Member
FYI You cannot book a Saver Half on its own.

Ah yes of course. Will wait until Wednesday to see if they become available then. Still strange that they've been left so late.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't know why I said Wednesday when I meant Friday, but still no advances available on these trains.

TUC

Established Member

Possibly they are doing engineering works and there is a bus replacement service in operation, if this is the case they aren't exactly going to encourage you to travel

National Rail Enquiries should tell you, does the times look out
whi

Whist I can see the logic to that approach on one level, the idea that 'because its a bus instead of a train
you're going to have to pay more' is ultimately not a great one for rail customers,

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Whist I can see the logic to that approach on one level, the idea that 'because its a bus instead of a train
you're going to have to pay more' is ultimately not a great one for rail customers,

Tell that to EMT. :p

There is a poster at Sleaford advertising the fact that Groupsave would not be valid on journeys where there is a replacement bus during the Nottingham blockade.

dvboy

Established Member
They went on sale this morning at £11 but im still none the wiser about the delay

John @ home

Established Member
They went on sale this morning at £11 but im still none the wiser about the delay
A common reason for delay in Advance tickets becoming available is late confirmation from Network Rail of the detailed timetable for that journey on that day. Until this confirmation is received, train companies are unable to offer reservations. Advance tickets cannot be sold without reservations for those parts of the journey which are reservable.

To test whether Advance tickets for a particular proposed itinerary have yet to be issued or have all been sold, book a dummy flexible ticket on any booking engine as far as the point where reserved seats are allocated. If reservations are offered, then it is likely that Advance tickets have sold out. If reservations for the flexible ticket are unavailable, then it is likely that they have yet to be offered for sale. This test doesn't work for journeys where no specific seat is offered - just a reserved place.

Status
Not open for further replies.