• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No compensation for train delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andwan0

I have a South West Trains monthly/seasonal ticket between London & Godalming.
There has been many times when there is NO trains for 3 hours due to signalling problems. Especially 2 days in a row on Thurs 30th & Fri 31st July.

My work colleague who buys day return tickets was able to refunds/compensations.

However, when I renewed my monthly ticket, I got no compensation.

Why?

Ref: http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/compensation.aspx#season

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-31-17-35-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-31-17-35-40.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 32
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The page (and subsequent links) you link to provides the answer.

The performance is above the threshold for a discount.

andwan0

What does the 1.5 void days mean??

And yes, we only have one line which is the Portsmouth train

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
1.5 void days is over the period of time stated, but the figure quoted would only be applicable to someone renewing an Annual at that time.

We would need to see a breakdown of when exactly those void days were declared to know if you were entitled to any on a monthly. There is no recent data on that site to know if any void days occurred during the validity of your last Season.

Perhaps someone has a list of recent SWT void dates who can assist.

From what you say it sounds like SWT should have declared those twodays as boid days but I don't know where that information can be foind. Have you tried contacting SWT? Let is know what they said/say.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
The performance page on SWT's site hasn't been updated for the current period. Only 1/2 a day is currently payable, which is for 21st January, and that should have been paid when renewing the relevant ticket.

Figures can be found on the ATOC site, specifically here.

Last edited:

Matt Taylor

Established Member
The next void day period ended on July 25th so delays due to the recent issues in the Liphook area may be counted in the void day period from July 26th to 22nd August, details of which will be posted on the SWT site in 3-4 weeks. When querying void days you need to ask the ticket office for a void day refund if they are applicable, but refunds can only be processed when the season ticket is surrendered for renewal (or after it expires).

Status
Not open for further replies.