• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No paper ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooliemag

Hi Everyone :D
I have booked on the Kernow Explorer on Saturday from Birmingham New St @ 0519 :D ..However , because I booked late I will be recieving my booking reference and seat reservation via text and not a paper ticket until I get onto the train.
My question is.....will I be able to get through the barriers at Birmingham New st without a paper ticket? ( if the barriers are still there? It has been almost 6mths since my last visit to Brum ) if the barriers are manned at that time of the morning, would the gatestaff recognise my charter booking text confirmation and let me through??

Many thanks and kind regards
Mark

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
The barriers are there but I doubt they'll be manned at that time, especially at the weekend.

Of course if you have heavy luggage you may need to use the lift ;)

pooliemag

Thanks for the quick replies :) I suspected that the barriers would be unmanned at that time of the morning but wanted to make sure :) Thanks for the confirmation! :)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If there are barriers, just inform them the train that you are going for and they should let you through.

dvboy

Established Member
Barriers seem to be less common than they used to be, especially at the Victoria Square entrance.

Although the first normal train of the day is 0500, bear in mind access to New Street has changed recently, access via Pallasades is closed overnight now (I can't remember the hours but it may not open until after 0500), and the times the Victoria Square entrance is also closed overnight (I think it's midnight-4:45).

Status
Not open for further replies.