• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No Railcard Discount with FC ALR????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
what is wrong with famillies in 1st class ?

Nothing wrong with the idea, until you see some of the families and how badly behaved the children (or even themselves) are and go, 'oh'!

And could you seriously see a guard moving them? Any family that had no respect for others would be the ones that would refuse, or possibly worse.

Eurostar has Leisure First, which is in first class, but I think they reserve a section of FC - so while you enjoy the same service, it does keep them away from those who have paid more and possibly want some peace and quiet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daimler

Established Member
Eurostar has Leisure First, which is in first class, but I think they reserve a section of FC - so while you enjoy the same service, it does keep them away from those who have paid more and possibly want some peace and quiet.

Tell me about it. Travelling from London to Paris last week, we'd booked 'Leisure Select' and found our carriage invaded by a tremendously noisy family. Not fun, when you've paid a lot of money for the 'luxury' of first class! I can almost see sense in paying the extra for business first!

bengolding

I had a similar problem with I travelled Leisure Select a month ago. I've seen advertising in the media where companies offer free upgrades to Leisure Select. I now travel Business First, which also has the added advantage of the First Lounge access at both Waterloo and Gare du Nord.

ukrob

Established Member
You could say that they have contributed towards taxes
for over 40 years and they deserve this 'perk'.

And I could say that a rich businessman has paid more tax in three years than a pensioner has in their lifetime - so do you give the rich businessman cheap rail travel and free bus travel too?

It should be means tested.

Pumbaa

Established Member
which also has the added advantage of the First Lounge access at both Waterloo and Gare du Nord.

What train are you travelling on? It must be a very delayed Eurostar to still be coming out of Waterloo! By 19 months really!

Status
Not open for further replies.