• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No seat reservation coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trains06

Thanks for that info.
Yes, I usually use NXEC as I also think it is the best to use.
However, the airline style tickets are useful for some AP tickets using a roundabout route that involve a number of changes of train and some unreserved portions of the route. Just in case something goes wrong you have all your details of connections as proof that you are allowed on that route and service.

There are also a few very cheap Day Return fares avilable by rather strange, long routes, where it could be useful to book one of these tickets oline in advance to save any questions on the day of travel.

Yes, I am pretty sure Virgin issue airline style still - last time I booked over the web they were :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Yes, I am pretty sure Virgin issue airline style still - last time I booked over the web they were :D
:roll: Last three occasions (in 2009) I have booked advance purchase tickets on-line with Virgin Trains, they have issued them (and the accompanying compulsory reservations) on "standard" orange credit card-sized ticket stock.

glynn80

Established Member
:roll: Last three occasions (in 2009) I have booked advance purchase tickets on-line with Virgin Trains, they have issued them (and the accompanying compulsory reservations) on "standard" orange credit card-sized ticket stock.

Did you have them posted to yourself or did you collect them from the station. Any ticket you collect from the "Fastticket" ticket machines placed at the station will be printed on the credit card stock.

When tickets are posted they will be printed from Virgin's own ticket machines in house and could be either Airline style tickets or credit card sized ticket depending on which issuing system they are currently using.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Did you have them posted to yourself or did you collect them from the station.

When tickets are posted they will be printed from Virgin's own ticket machines in house and could be either Airline style tickets or credit card sized ticket depending on which issuing system they are currently using.

:!: They were sent by post.

WillPS

Established Member
Yup - Virgin issue Airline tickets. NXEC and EMT use normal ticket stock. I use NXEC website as I think it's the nicest one to use.

First Great Western also use normal ticket stock. I seem to use their site most despite never having actually travelled on a FGW train!

Last edited:

Established Member
Hi, I booked 2 sets of advance tickets on the crosscountry website recently and received them both yesterday. However both of them are missing the seat reservation coupon (even though the seats are written in the confirmation emails). So I have 3 coupons -the number that were isssued: one with my address, one debit card sales coupon, and one 'journey' coupon saying "Valid only with reservation (s) " at the top.
Problem is i was never sent the coupon with the specific service and seat number on it.
Phoned XC customer service and was told not to worry because the seats will be reserved..but i'm not 100% convinced because i'm worried i might be forced to buy another ticket on the train...
Hope that all makes sense, what do you think about this?
Chrs

knowing cross country you most likely will have to buy another ticket best thing to do is print out your e-mail confirmation with your seat number on it, if you have to buy another ticket complain like mad and with any luck XC will refund you for the on-board ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.