• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No seat reserved with this ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprinterMan

Established Member
On Wednesday 01/08, if you try and book a ticket on the 0930 London Liverpool Street to Norwich you get "no seat reserved with this ticket" instead of a seat reservation. Does this mean that the train will be 321-operated or abnormally full or something else?

Adam :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lemonic

Every so often on Greater Anglia Advances I book between Ipswich and London I don't get an actual seat reservation. In each case the train has been the usual Class 90+Mk3 set so I don't think you should get a 321!

SovietGaz

I haven't been able to book a seat for a few years with ATW when I go from Colwyn Bay to Cardiff and back.

It gives you options such as 'aisle' and 'table' options when booking but no seat reservation when my ticket comes.

Forgot to state that it is an advanced ticket...

Last edited:

island

Veteran Member
ATW no longer offers seat reservations online as far as I remember. You have to buy over the phone or at the station.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
ATW no longer offers seat reservations online as far as I remember. You have to buy over the phone or at the station.

With ATW you seem to get a seat reservation online if you book a walk-up fare, just not with advance fares. My guess is that the trains are too small to have a lot of advance reservations (often just 2 coaches).

dave87016

Established Member
The xx00 and xx30mins past the hour from London Liverpool Street - Norwich are all class 90's if memory serves me correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.