• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No Southeastern Advances Friday 5 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

extendedpaul

I've been trying for the last week to book some journeys to Kent on Friday 5 August but I cannot get advance fares on any routes which include travel on Southeastern. There are also no Southeastern only advances on that day. Only that day is affected. No problems on the previous or following day and I can now even book Friday 12 August but still nothing on the previous Friday.

London from/to Birmingham.Cardiff and Newcastle normal advance fares are available on 5 August. Chatham from/to the same destinations available on every other day I've tried up to Saturday 13 August except Friday 5 August. I've tried various TOC websites and I've even established that I can book through journeys to Essex on 5 August, just not to Kent.

An oversight, a business decision, something happening that date I'm not aware of - can anyone suggest a reason ??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blakey1152

Probably an oversight on the part of Southeastern.

Might be down to the wrong kind of sun on their monitors :D
Or a landslip on the booking engine
I would suggest phoning up to ask but their customer service department is very friendly but usually unable to help with any queries.

Blakey

Last edited:

extendedpaul

Update on this.

Southeastern person failed to resolve anything. Local station agreed there was a problem but could not do anything. Suggested I contact ATOC.

Person there again said she'd try to sort it out for me but almost a week later still no advance fares. However I've now established that if I specify on the journey planner that I want to travel on the line from Charing Cross to Kent via Dartford, and avoid HS1 via Ebbsfleet and also avoid the main line from Victoria via Bromley South then I CAN get advance fares for 5 August. Adds an hour to the journey but makes a big difference to the fare.

I'd be interested to know the reason for this restriction on advances on this one date in August ?

greatkingrat

Established Member
That date is the start of both the Margate Soul Festival and the New Day Festival in Faversham which might have something to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.