• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Non EU VAT Tax Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requeststop

Last Year, when I bought an on-line BA flight ticket Heathrow-Inverness return from my base here in Baku using my Thailand Bank's credit card, I wasn't charged VAT (nice as I am apparently outside the EU). Would it be the same if I bought a rail ticket let's say Paddington-Truro on line.

Could it be that BA's site would be able to recognise that I am buying from outside the EU but that FGW's site would not,as not many people would buy rail tickets from outside the EU?

I am thinking that there may be quite a saving on a first class return ticket with sleeper return Truro-Paddington.

If VAT is not payable from outside the EU, then for a UK resident,would using a proxy server outside the EU and a non EU credit card make some ticket prices a lot cheaper, especially when buying a monthly or annual season ticket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

Nor on air tickets

You weren't charged because there's no VAT, not because of where you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.