• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Non Rail] Night Shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

monkey

...wow that is amazing. I do have an slr, but still don't know how to use it properly - just a basic d40, but use it on auto most of the time...

Muppet

Cheers for the comment guys :). I'm currently using a D60 Nikon are good cameras, If you got the free time I'd suggest doing a Photography course, or if you into computers do Hardware support and interactive media if your college does it, Where I learn't most of my stuff.

schenker

I was actually thinking of doing a course once I got my camera.
I'm going travelling in the US for months + in 2011 so there is going to be
tones of amazing photo shots I don't want miss!

Ferret

Established Member
...wow that is amazing. I do have an slr, but still don't know how to use it properly - just a basic d40, but use it on auto most of the time...

Top tip - read the manual for your camera. I know that sounds patronising but it isn't meant that way - everybody has to learn somehow. Only way I learned anything was by reading the manual and then p***ing about with different settings to see what worked for me! Shutter priority mode is the most useful as far as I'm concerned....

monkey

^^yeah your probs right. I'm a tad lazy though lol, I only think to learn when I need it most, which is too late by then, and then when my works done, I forget I probs need to mess about and learn to use the thing...

Ferret

Established Member
LOL! Daft thing is, once you've messed about, you realise that it's actually bloody easy!!!! Nice sunny day and fotting freights moving at max 75mph = ISO200, shutter speed of 1/500 or 1/640 and let the aperture take care of itself. Should give a minimum of f6.3 and hopefully more than that!

rww100

Top tip - read the manual for your camera. I know that sounds patronising but it isn't meant that way - everybody has to learn somehow. Only way I learned anything was by reading the manual and then p***ing about with different settings to see what worked for me! Shutter priority mode is the most useful as far as I'm concerned....
...bracketing mode is what I find most useful. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.