• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[NON RAIL] Some photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

D306

Established Member
I'll post anything that I think is good enough that I've taken over the coming year that isn't railway related here.
IMG_0001.jpg

comments?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Not bad, although I'd be inclined to re-shoot it from near the wall in front of the street lamp (so the light is behind you). You also need to adjust the white balance as the light from the street lamp isn't natural.

D306

Established Member
yeh, I wasn't to sure about the colour. I'll deffinatly take that in fact for next time. What would you set the white balance to craig?

cheers for the comments so far

Established Member
The thing is you don't like me at all Mike, but that is one heck of an atmospheric photography :shock:.

Craig

Established Member
Fluorescent or tungsten on your camera is usually best for street lamps. Remember to change it back when you're finished.

I generally just leave the camera set to auto and adjust it when converting from RAW.

nath9425

They both look somewhat noisey. This is usually caused by the ISO being too high.

For the first one I would try a long exposure shot.

As for the second, I expect this is what you have done, but I would shoot it in colour at a low ISO then retouch it to black and white in Photoshop.

D306

Established Member
They both look somewhat noisey. This is usually caused by the ISO being too high.

For the first one I would try a long exposure shot.

As for the second, I expect this is what you have done, but I would shoot it in colour at a low ISO then retouch it to black and white in Photoshop.

Cheers for the feedback Nathan. I could have done a long exposure in the first one but I didn't have a tripod with me at the time.

Supprisingly the second one is in colour.

I did think that they looked a bit grainy. I'll change the ISO a bit more often now

Status
Not open for further replies.