• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Non Safeguarded member of staff - Redundancy and keeping travel facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarJan

Hi all and thank you for your time.

I’m in contact with RST but I can’t get a response.

I had worked for a TOC for 8 months and whilst I was made redundant, on my last day I was given the job offer for another TOC, I then started two weeks later. But was given the offer whilst serving my last day.

I don’t believe this TOC who made me redundant gave RST the info that I left.
Therefore for the last year I have had there travel facilities I contacted RST and now have to forfeit these passes.

As i am non-safeguarded does this mean I keep or lose travel passes if I was made redundant. Also is there a gap in service or not as I also have to forfeit FIP card.
What are the rules for non safeguarded staff.

Both HR teams from both TOCs have failed to contact RST about my departure and Arrival. I’ve had to do this.

So can I keep benefits from another company as I was still in continous railway employment but start date was two weeks after last day, but I was given the offer on shift. Also I would presume this is classed as no gap in service. However I have been told I have to forfeit the passes.

please some expert advise please.

Regards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
I'm afraid that as a non-safeguarded "New entrant" you lose all travel facilities when you leave the employ of a TOC. I would expect that in starting work for a new TOC two weeks later the clock starts again for your entitlement to travel facilities, bit I am less certain about that). I am afraid that this lack of parity with safeguarded staff is what the rail unions chose not to fight for at the time of privatisation in 1995. Remember that the next time they are asking you to people who haven't started working for the railway yet to be entitled to the same benefits as you (sorry, that might just be a bit of a rant!).

Status
Not open for further replies.