• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North berwick trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYS

My wife is running the Edinburgh Marathon next Sunday (27th May) and finishes the race at Musselburgh. She has been advised to travel back to Edinburgh by either bus or train. The nearest station seems to be Wallyford.

Any ideas if these units will be full/strengthened for the race?
Is there a quicker/easier way of getting back to Waverley?

Any help gratefully receieved. Andy S :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Purely

If (like when I did it a few years ago) the marathon shuttle buses are sold out then the best option is probably to walk to the main road in Musselburgh and get a service bus into Edinburgh. Takes about 30-35 minutes IIRC.

There was a massive scrum of people at the nearest bus stop so we asked a local who advised us to go round the corner to the previous stop where there was absolutely no one (and a near-empty bus) which was quite a relief after running for 4+ hours!

Sorry I can't remember the names of the roads but it was a few years ago!

ANDYS

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will pass the info on and my wife can make the decision.

The EMF joke threw me for a minute but then it was a quick jump onto You Tube. That certainly brought back hazy memories :D:D

Cheers, Andy S

dk1

Veteran Member
Only a two track main line & i would imagine EC & XC would not be happy with additional commuter traffic unless major route upgrade is carried out. Must admit it is very annoying whenever ive been on a late running Edinburgh bound service from Peterborough that has tried it's damdest to make up time only to lose it following the on time North Berwick <(

Status
Not open for further replies.