• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Clydeside electrics/WHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_hippo

If I had a penny for every route I saw shown as WIP with magnificent Anthony Bowden-like screeenshots that simply was abandoned and faded away into the mists of BVE eternity... I would have quite a few pennies. Anyway, I fear the clydeside electrics and west highland line route is going to be one of them. I can't find the page that got me so excited and anyway I have no idea how long it's been "WIP" for; it could have been years.

So, could anyone tell me whether it definitely is or definitely isn't (the latter seems the more likely) going to reach our computer screens by 24 April 2016?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

Didnt know you were into BVE evil_hippo. As for the routes well like its been said many times before routes do get abandoned because 1). They are free so you cant make people do them and 2). Sometimes developers have other things or get bored of BVE and forget about it. I also wwant to see the WHL as it has been WIP for a while but its up to the author...

eezypeazy

I believe that Craig is still working on West Highland Line. I believe screenshots may be found at:

http://www.scotrailsim.co.uk/

This is the list of UK, Mainline, non-fiction routes on which I believe some progress is being made (parts in bold are already available):

Ashford – Swanley
Barrow – Sellafield - Carlisle
Birmingham Cross City (Redditch - New Street – Lichfield)
Derby - Stoke on Trent
East Croydon - Oxted
Epsom Downs – Mitcham
Glasgow - Helensburgh (West Highland Line)
Gloucester – Swindon
Havant - Fratton
Hexham - Newcastle - Middlesbrough
Great Yarmouth - Norwich
Norwich – Ipswich
Plymouth – St Austell
St Pancras - Bedford
Tyne Valley (Carlisle – Hexham - Sunderland)
Westbury - Devizes
York – Doncaster

Cheers

eezypeazy

Craig

Established Member
eezypeazy said:
I believe that Craig is still working on West Highland Line. I believe screenshots may be found at:

http://www.scotrailsim.co.uk/
That's right. Development has been a bit thin on the ground lately though due to me finishing uni and looking for work. Hopefully I'll find time soon to finish the BVE4 update I started, then crack on with the rest that needs doing :D

I'm currently working on the Queen Street - Helensburgh section of the route before I start on the main WHL. The route will then run up the WHL until my laptop decides it can't load it anymore (probably to Crianlarich). There'll also be some EMU routes from Westerton to Helensburgh Central, I may also start them from Partick or somewhere and/or do the Balloch branch. So as you can see, plenty of scope for a variety of routes... when I get it finished :lol:

No dates yet though, so don't even ask :razz:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ah right, so we can expect some full-on thrash from a 37 in BVE at some point? Sounds good to me!

Looking forward to your routes Craig!

Status
Not open for further replies.