• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Lancashire loop Timetables around 1965

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy873

Hi

I was wondering are there any free / not so expensive sources on older working timetables, track diagrams etc.

Period up to around 1965.

I'm only interested in the Gt. Harwood loop line a.k.a. North Lancashire loop. There are lots of books out there but I am only interested in this line, and many seem to be expensive. Also, I am not sure what I'm searching for - I believe, being in Lancashire it would come under the London Midland region (BR)?

Any help / information would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Andy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furnessvale

Established Member
Hi

I was wondering are there any free / not so expensive sources on older working timetables, track diagrams etc.

Period up to around 1965.

I'm only interested in the Gt. Harwood loop line a.k.a. North Lancashire loop. There are lots of books out there but I am only interested in this line, and many seem to be expensive. Also, I am not sure what I'm searching for - I believe, being in Lancashire it would come under the London Midland region (BR)?

Any help / information would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Andy.
I would try a message on facebook Preston area group. I have a feeling one of the regulars on that group was once a signalman on that line.

randyrippley

Established Member
Andy is the library at Read still open ? (No its not a pun)
I've known some libraries to keep old timetables as historic reference docs

Bevan Price

Established Member
Passenger services were withdrawn in February 1957.
Timetable World has a 1955 LMR Timetable on line. Table 153 includes the North Lancashire Loop.

Veteran Member
Andy is the library at Read still open ? (No its not a pun)
I've known some libraries to keep old timetables as historic reference docs
It appears to have closed in the last round of cuts - Gt Harwood is better, but I don't recall it having anything relevant.
I wonder if County Archive at Preston might be worth a try?
Working Timetables and similar: National Archives at Kew or National Railway Museum.

randyrippley

Established Member
It appears to have closed in the last round of cuts - Gt Harwood is better, but I don't recall it having anything relevant.
I wonder if County Archive at Preston might be worth a try?
Working Timetables and similar: National Archives at Kew or National Railway Museum.
That's a shame
Having a library in Read just seemed so predestined

Andy873

That's a shame
Having a library in Read just seemed so predestined
Thanks everyone, the timetable world site is an eye opener, thanks for showing me it.
I've emailed a few libraries around the area but no one has got back to me yet with any details.

Thanks.
Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.