• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Norfolk Railway Mixed Traction Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

xotGD

Established Member
Hi All,

This event is coming up soon: 14th to 16th June.

33063 is advertised as a visitor, along with "Visiting mainline locomotive courtesy of DRS".

Now, does anyone know what DRS are planning to send?

Other traction:

Class 20, 20227, Sherlock Holmes
Class 37, D6732
Class 08, D3935
Both Class 101 DMUs making their public debut as a four-car train
Two steam locomotives from the home fleet

I'm planning on attending on the Saturday. Only been there once before and enjoyed it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

leezer3

I'd say it'll 90% be a 37 from DRS.
Has been a 37 for the last 7 years or so, and whilst it's always 'subject to availability' that tends to be a 37 :P

xotGD

Established Member
I'd say it'll 90% be a 37 from DRS.
Has been a 37 for the last 7 years or so, and whilst it's always 'subject to availability' that tends to be a 37 :P
Thanks. That's what I was expecting but wondered if they might find a 68 to add to the fun.

xotGD

Established Member
Well I had a thoroughly enjoyable day yesterday. A slight technical problem meant trains were running late all day, but the traction appeared to perform faultlessly.

Highlight of the day was riding on the open veranda on the Vintage Set right behind the 37. Hellfire!

Status
Not open for further replies.