• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North of Arnos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom B

Established Member
Speaking to a lot of people last w/e many were looking forward to the line extending north of Arnos to Cockfosters, here is a shot just north of Arnos as we move on to the viaduct. Scenery is WIP.

http://brj.railuk.org/afterarnos.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

66's are evil

Hi Tom, as per usual looks really good.

I would like to make a few comments about the current Piccadilly, if i may.

Firstly, i find it really enjoyable, and right up there with the Northern as the best LU drive.

Secondly, for the next version could the timetables be more accurate as to be comparable to the actual real-life timetables? I have updated the route files to make the journey comparable to the present day, ie. whole duration should be 44, not 59, minutes and to Wood Green only 37 minutes. I found that i could stick to my adjusted timetable.

Thirdly, is there any progress westwards as i recall some screenies of Hammersmith a few weeks ago?

Really well done on the Picc version 5.2 and your future developments are eagerly awaited.

Thanks
Richard

Nitro

Very realistic Cockfosters as I have been in those parts of the line many times and it look just like the real thing. I have one tiny suggestion and that is could the signalling be fixed because when on the weedkilling or peak scenarios you get a green and green repeater and then come across a red straight after it, so that means fixing the repeaters to show yellow. But apart from that I looking forward to the next release!

The Snap

Established Member
Looks good at the monent, but as you said, scenery is WIP. I'm sure when complete it will be another superb addon! :D

Tom B

Established Member
Hi

I am aware of the timetable problem - I have since updated the timetable to reflect this and it is now a more challenging drive.

Westward progress - from the current version the line now goes back to just before Hammersmith, Hammersmith itself is nearly done but some stuff still to work on. The siding is in place but some trackwork and other infrastructure remains to be done. Barons Court has some basic scenery. Presently I plan to continue Eastwards to Cockfosters putting outline scenery and signalling in, and then go back and put detail on both the new sections. It is the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Picc later this year (15th December IIRC) and it would be nice to release the route then... but who knows!

Edit: I am also aware of the signalling problem with repeaters - have been telling myself to look at it for a while now...

Tom B

Established Member
I was bored earlier so I coded a quick route variation which allows you to start the train from the Westbound platform at Hyde Park Corner and go over the crossover. It's not snazzy or anything, but good enough for a nice trip round the centre of town. Availible on the Picc page at BRJ.

ikar

Tom I have an issue with speed limits. LU speed limints both showing increase or decrease they start as soon as the front of the train passes.

Quoting an experienced T/Op:
When passing an increase in speed limits on Network Rail, it applies from the rear of the train - on LUL it's from the front of the train. A decrease applies from the front of the train on both LUL and Network Rail.

Tom B

Established Member
Indeed Ikar, I know that... trouble is it would be an @rse to alter all the PSRs on the route since BVE uses the mainline way of thinking. In time, it will happen...

Tom B

Established Member
This is an issue with individual graphics cards which I havn't been able to sort out (due to a large part in not thinking about it much). Do other tube routes work?

nutter

Yep, the Picc is the only one. I used to have the problem with the Northern but the graphics card patch which was released with it sorted it out. I've tried to install the patch to the Picc but it hasn't worked.

Tom B

Established Member
I don't know the exact composition of the NL patch - I'll have a look.

Tom B

Established Member
From a Windoze command prompt (or run command if you will), type

Code:
dxdiag

tab to display and the info is there.

I've seen the NL patch and it seems they're just new station objects - which is a simple solution but a bit of a PITA to code for. Give me time (lots of it)...

nutter

No probs. By the sounds of it it's well worth the wait

is S3 graphics Prosavage DDR the graphic card. If it is, I've typed it into google and itcame up with loads of things and so can someone who knows a thing or two about computers give me the right link I need. I'm currently running V6.14.0001.0007(english). Thanks for any help given

66's are evil

I had this problem before i got a graphics card. I'm pretty sure i solved it by reducing the color depth to 16 bits. You can do this by right clicking on the opening bve4 screen, select display mode settings and change the setting from 32-16 bits.

Or better still, invest in a fair graphics card, some available around £40 will do the job and significantly increase your framerates resulting in a much more enjoyable driving experience

LondonBVE

Your getting out of topic. Tom Beevers which place does it near? Southgate tunnel entrance?

Tom B

Established Member
Not really OT since it relates to the Picc.

The shot there is on the viaduct north of Arnos just before Waterfall Lane.

The Snap

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
Did I, I just only want to stay on topic.

I believe that it is the Moderators’ and Admins' responsibility to tell members to stay on topic. I have noticed you have been acting like this recently...:confused: ;)

Tom B

Established Member
*ahem*

I have now added two mirrors to the main download, both from some of the large file hosting sites on the web. They might pester you with ads, but you can ignore them, and it should prove useful to spread demand, and if the main mirror falls down.

Status
Not open for further replies.