• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Pole Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
IEP depot, definitely. Has been the plan for a couple of years, but DfT just said that planning permission had been granted:

Planning permissions for depot alterations at North Pole (in west London), and for new depots at Stoke-Gifford (near Bristol), Swansea and Doncaster have now all been approved

http://www.dft.gov.uk/topics/iep/

SwindonPkwy

swt_passenger:1031231 said:
IEP depot, definitely. Has been the plan for a couple of years, but DfT just said that planning permission had been granted.
I presume North Pole and Stoke Gifford will be operated by Agility Trains, as maintenance will be included in the supply contract. Is there anything more specific regarding the "franchise changes" mentioned in the link?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I presume North Pole and Stoke Gifford will be operated by Agility Trains, as maintenance will be included in the supply contract. Is there anything more specific regarding the "franchise changes" mentioned in the link?

They'll be referring to whatever franchise renegotiation will be needed if the DfT requires a TOC to introduce IEP outside of a normal franchise renewal process, I think.

In the case of the current GW franchise competition, I expect IEP will be included in the ITT for the new franchise, as always intended by DfT. So I don't see how the term 'franchise changes' is really relevant to the GW...

Status
Not open for further replies.