• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Wales Rover from Shrewsbury validty

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenorthern

Established Member
I am looking at getting a North Wales Rover all-zones day ticket and going from Shrewsbury to Porthmadog then taking the Ffestiniog Railway to Blaenau Ffestiniog then the train to Llandudno Junction and then the train back to Shrewsbury and I was wondering if that route would be valid on a North Wales Rover ticket? I am aware that the Ffestiniog Railway isn't itself covered by the North Wales Rover ticket.

Also I was wondering if the railcard discount applies to the North Wales Rover ticket or not?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
So far as I can see, your proposed route is fine so long as you buy the All Zones version of the Rover, and railcard discounts are available on that version of the Rover (but not on the 2-zone or 3-zone versions). The information on the ATW website is not as helpful as it could be.

_toommm_

Established Member
As Romilly said, make sure you get the all-zones, so that you can travel on the Cambrian Coast. Railcard discounts are perfectly fine, and I believe the ticket may give you a discount on the Ffestiniog Railway too.

alex17595

There is also the Ffestiniog round robin. This includes a trip on the Ffestiniog and is £25.75 with a railcard. It says there is no railcard discount on NRE or ATW sites but there is a fare on BRfares.

Status
Not open for further replies.