• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North-West Railway Enthusiast magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
My wife has been to a charity sale today and knowing well of my interest in anything railway-related, bought a professionally bound 12 issue series (1981) of this magazine, which appears to be the first year of issue. It appears to have been editorially based in Thornton Cleveleys.

Does anyone know how long this magazine was in existance for ? Was it taken over by another publication ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
My wife has been to a charity sale today and knowing well of my interest in anything railway-related, bought a professionally bound 12 issue series (1981) of this magazine, which appears to be the first year of issue. It appears to have been editorially based in Thornton Cleveleys.

Does anyone know how long this magazine was in existance for ? Was it taken over by another publication ?

Ill pass it on to Charlie Hume of North Wales Rail website, he may know & lives in the North West.

Bob

Viscount702

I think it was.

Below is an extract from the Manchester Model Railway Society website.

"North West Railway Enthusiast Volume 1 number 1 to Volume 2 number 5. The name then changed to Northern Railway Enthusiast Volume 2 number 6 to Volume 3 number 8. The name then changed again to Northern Railways Volume 3 numbers 9-12; Volume 4 numbers 1, 3, 4 "

From another site Vol 2 No4 was February 1983 which would make Vol 1 No1 November 1981

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the information but I hope it helps.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Thank you to both of you for your comments.

Hello Bob,

I see this has been answered already; I agree with the answer
posted, although I think the first issue was October 1981. There
is a set in the University of Manchester Library, which I
procured for the Library.

It changed title a couple of times, as stated, and then just
expired, it was not taken over by anyone else.

http://catalogue.library.manchester.ac.uk/items/2473729

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.