• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northallerton

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Dear all,

I am up visiting family and looking to take a few photos around Northallerton station and things have changed a bit since i used to live here!

I wonder if anyone can advise me when the best time to pop out would be? I have scoped out a few new sites for pictures which were not available previously because of demolition and want to give them a try.

I wonder of there are any freight services over the next few days ( does bank holidays/easter affect freight terminals?) There used to be a 60 hauled jarrow tanker train. Does that still run as i assume everything else will be 66 hauled

I appreciate i have just asked the type of question is usually berate people for but i am not in my normal location so it is OK LOL ( i have my own "Hand drawn" version of freightmaster for my home location :) )

thanks and sorry!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

96tommy

The 60 on 6D43 (Jarrow Tanks) still runs. I don't know the exact time at Northallerton but at York it is around 18:30. Most things are still 66 hauled but a DRS working has recently started which runs twice during the day.

I was going to ask a question about bank holidays aswell. I am planning to go to Carlisle next Wednesday but hopefully everything should be back to normal by then.

PinzaC55

Might be worth getting in touch with the Wensleydale Railway and finding out whether there are any forthcoming movements onto the branch?

Darandio

Established Member
6N03 is the Lindsey to Jarrow tanks, actually booked through at 0446.

wensley

Established Member
6D43, the return tanks, generally runs through at 1732hrs, but this is different on certain days, especially at weekends.

You will get a rush of freight from around 1630-1830 on a weekday. Otherwise, mornings are generally best.

Where were you thinking of for photographs? :)

Legzr1

Legzr1 could you expand on your post please?

I was being flippant - I'm not sure if getting up at 04:30 would interest you :D

N03 are loaded tanks (D43 being the empties returning to Lindsay).

It's very rare for it to be running on booked time - either massively early or massively late (although all this right-time-running has had an effect) - there were times in the not to distant past where it could arrive at Tyne Yard at 0430!

If it's running with the full load (30 X 100T tanks) there's a good chance it will have a Cl 60 - if less than that there's a good chance it will have a Cl 66 - you can thank the excellent 'reliability' of the Cl 60 for that :D

The avoiding lines at N/ton are good for steel traffic to/from Teeside-Scunthorpe and Rotherham/Wales.

V66 is running on Sat (should be there around 11:20 - noon) Redcar-Wales,31 HTA's filled with coke for the blast furnaces.
Not as long or heavy as the real 'jumbo's' that used to run from Carlisle - York a few years ago (42 HTA's,2X Cl 66 in multi arounf 4,000T) but still impressive when snaking through Boroughbridge - Longlands (if you're into that sort of thing).

PinzaC55

I was being flippant - I'm not sure if getting up at 04:30 would interest you :D

N03 are loaded tanks (D43 being the empties returning to Lindsay).

It's very rare for it to be running on booked time - either massively early or massively late (although all this right-time-running has had an effect) - there were times in the not to distant past where it could arrive at Tyne Yard at 0430!

If it's running with the full load (30 X 100T tanks) there's a good chance it will have a Cl 60 - if less than that there's a good chance it will have a Cl 66 - you can thank the excellent 'reliability' of the Cl 60 for that :D

The avoiding lines at N/ton are good for steel traffic to/from Teeside-Scunthorpe and Rotherham/Wales.

V66 is running on Sat (should be there around 11:20 - noon) Redcar-Wales,31 HTA's filled with coke for the blast furnaces.
Not as long or heavy as the real 'jumbo's' that used to run from Carlisle - York a few years ago (42 HTA's,2X Cl 66 in multi arounf 4,000T) but still impressive when snaking through Boroughbridge - Longlands (if you're into that sort of thing).

I'd be impressed to see ANY kind of train at Boroughbridge! :lol:

Nice to see it here though http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinzac55/3389921209/

Legzr1

You might find a level crossing called Boroughbridge (near Springwell and Romanby Rd) ;)

PinzaC55

Or indeed "BOROUGHBRIDGE ROAD" as it says on the photo of the box in my photo :p

Legzr1

Baaaahhhh..whatever :D

I'm surprised I remembered the others to be honest :D

DarloRich

Veteran Member
it ran tonight :(

went past me between Thirsk and Northallerton

The blow was softened by the 2 60's i saw at Doncaster. Will pop out and see what i can see tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.