• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northbound Lowland Sleeper delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglejames

Established Member
Having woken up at stupid o'clock, I looked out of my hotel window here at Crewe, and noticed the sleeper sitting in the station. Its still here now, at 0400hrs. Over an hour late by the looks of it.

Now some enthusiasts have turned up to take pictures! I assume they are early risers waiting for the Pathfinder tour! At least i hope so!

According to Realtime Traininfo, the southbound was last reported at Preston just over 15 late, but no report since. Perhaps a problem between Crewe and Preston?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

phil281

The wires are down at Wigan North Western, OHLE team can't get there because of snow....going to be a messy day.

Last edited:

Only the northbound lowland is still stuck at Crewe, the northbound highland made it through but is 3 hours late according to realtime trains, both southbound sleepers made it through but were delayed. Looks like it will be a long day for Network Rail and a long lie in for the lowland passengers!

EDIT: Northbound Lowland has now been cancelled at Crewe

Last edited:

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Yep, wires down either side of a northbound DMU at Boars Head. VT around Preston is all over the show.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Im informed a foot of snow fell in two hours at Wigan, blocking the M6/M56 etc,there will of course be problems. I listened to a radio programme last evening,drivers were advised to stay at home, some interviewed were just going to parties etc, I find some absolutely crazy.

I had the tail end of this snow,it was indeed thick & Nasty, about a foot fell here also, not surprised it brought down the wires.

PR1Berske

Established Member
National Rail's live departure screens are showing Preston and Wigan as a circus of cancellations and delays.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I know a few Scotland-Birmingham trains are running via Chorley and Styal. Some ex-south terminating at Warrington BQ.

PR1Berske

Established Member
@networkrail
#PrestonWigan Engineers have taken possession of the line. Early reports indicate that full repairs will take most of day.

Tweeted at 0958

Thomas6187

It been moved ECS, being pulled by a 57(Pride of Crewe). It's just gone through Manchester Piccadilly

PR1Berske

Established Member
Buses are running between Crewe and Preston

National Rail's departure board for WGN looks particularly grim.

Winchcombe

Hello,
Looking at this - is it likely that there will be issues with the Edinburgh-London sleeper on Sunday (27th) - am booked on it and need to be in London early on Monday - would try to travel by another means during the day tomorrow if it's likely it'll be cancelled? Am just a bit worried by the stock being in the wrong place, and/or issues with the line?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ibex

Hello,
Looking at this - is it likely that there will be issues with the Edinburgh-London sleeper on Sunday (27th) - am booked on it and need to be in London early on Monday - would try to travel by another means during the day tomorrow if it's likely it'll be cancelled? Am just a bit worried by the stock being in the wrong place, and/or issues with the line?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

All lines reopened at 21:00 26/01/13.

EltonRoad

Hello,

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ring ScotRail 08457 55 00 33 tomorrow morning.

ole man

The wires were down at boars head,Wigan, and as above the snow caused severed delays.
It was down before 00.30, a diesel passenger service ran over the wire wrapping round the coaches causing passengers to be de trained

Status
Not open for further replies.