• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Norther Conductor Roster / Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

737egnh

Hi All,

I am starting training on the 1st of Match for a Conductor based at Blackpool North.
Just wondering if anyone could share with me a typical roster / pattern for a Northern Conductor, preferably Blackpool.
Thanks very much

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
General pattern (on the East at least, so it might differ) is a 4 day week, with a pair of days off rotating, so something like
Week 1 - (Mon & Tues rest days) Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat working
Week 2 - Mon, Tues working (Wed & Thurs rest days) Fri, Sat working
Week 3 - Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur working (Fri & Sat rest days)
Then back to the beginning. One week of lates then a week of earlies. The exact details depend on the link you're in.

On the East Sundays are committed overtime (approx 1 per month) but I'm not sure how that differs on the West.

Generally Monday-Friday while you're in training school.

scrapy

Established Member
Blackpool has guards on two separate terms and conditions (and salary's). Do you know if you'll be on ex TPE or ex FNW pay and conditions?

Ex TPE get a slightly higher salary but you are committed to working booked Sundays (around one every four weeks). Max turn length is 10.5 hours. Ex FNW don't have to work any Sundays if 7 days notice is given and have a maximum turn length of 10 hours. There is an average 35 hour week so average turn length just under 9 hours. You will get a booked break if at least 30minutes within your shift although this is often not at your home depot.(commonly at Preston for Blackpool crew)

Both are similar to the rota skyhigh has detailed with weeks alternating between earlies and lates although you can do permanent earlies or lates if you can find someone in your link to swap.

Early shifts start from about 3am with lates finishing by about 1am

Miffa

I’m starting in Sheffield on 15th March (after training) does anyone know if the work pattern is the same as above? Also, is there much overtime available? Thanks!

rhys37429

I’m starting in Sheffield on 15th March (after training) does anyone know if the work pattern is the same as above? Also, is there much overtime available? Thanks!
Sheffield will have the EAST t&c's and rest day pattern as below;

General pattern (on the East at least, so it might differ) is a 4 day week, with a pair of days off rotating, so something like
Then back to the beginning. One week of lates then a week of earlies. The exact details depend on the link you're in.

On the East Sundays are committed overtime (approx 1 per month) but I'm not sure how that differs on the West.

LokiB

So looking at that you'd be working most Saturdays BUT the 5 day weekend in every 3 makes up for it.
Sounds good to me.

skyhigh

Established Member
Overtime depends on the depot really - at the moment, very little available. In normal times at my depot it varies quite considerably depending on training/sickness etc, sometimes very little and sometimes a fair amount.

Miffa

Overtime depends on the depot really - at the moment, very little available. In normal times at my depot it varies quite considerably depending on training/sickness etc, sometimes very little and sometimes a fair amount.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.