• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern £10 Rail Offer on again 23/09/19 to 24/11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewg70

Coming soon
https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/jpimedia
You can travel anywhere on the Northern network using Northern services. Hop on and off all day long. Depending on your home station, you can visit Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Southport, Sheffield, York and more with Northern.

Three tokens allow you to buy up to 4 Northern only Day Ranger tickets or Weekend Rover tickets which must all be used on the same day or weekend (depending on the ticket chosen). Travel is available between Monday 23 September - Sunday 24 November 2019.

Participating Papers - JPIMedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LeylandLen

I see only tokens available in MEN paid for papers, not the free ones. On the list is The Sunday Sun , first for a national paper, presume only northern editions ?

YorkC

The Sunday Sun isn't The Sun on Sunday. It's a local paper in the NE (sister of Newcastle Chronicle/Journal).

LeylandLen

I've certainly got them at stations staffed by other TOCs.

I assume all the ticket seller has to do , in theory, is to log in to the data base which lists all tickets available.Then veryify the tokens are correct and sell the ticket. Maybe some do not know what to do with the form and tokens that you submit?

BlueFox

I assume all the ticket seller has to do , in theory, is to log in to the data base which lists all tickets available.Then veryify the tokens are correct and sell the ticket. Maybe some do not know what to do with the form and tokens that you submit?
When I've bought them from Carlisle ticket office they've had a sheet of paper with instructions on. No problem buying from there, even though the local papers don't have the tokens, so they won't sell many.

NORMAN471

When I've bought them from Carlisle ticket office they've had a sheet of paper with instructions on. No problem buying from there, even though the local papers don't have the tokens, so they won't sell many.
Have you tried the Westmorland Gazette, that usually has them and at the W H Smiths at Carlisle Railway Station

BlueFox

Have you tried the Westmorland Gazette, that usually has them and at the W H Smiths at Carlisle Railway Station
The Westmorland Gazette is published by Newsquest, and I think the last time they did the Northern offer was in 2016. It's now in papers published by Reach and JPI.

Earlier in the year I saw the Newcastle Chronicle in a couple of Carlisle supermarkets, but they appear to have stopped selling it before the last Northern offer and I haven't seen one since.

I have a 20p return trip to Newcastle booked for next week, so I'll be able to buy some papers. It's a shame they now change the tokens each time, I still have some MEN tokens from the last offer.

D.K.TAYLOR

The Westmorland Gazette is published by Newsquest, and I think the last time they did the Northern offer was in 2016. It's now in papers published by Reach and JPI.

Earlier in the year I saw the Newcastle Chronicle in a couple of Carlisle supermarkets, but they appear to have stopped selling it before the last Northern offer and I haven't seen one since.

I have a 20p return trip to Newcastle booked for next week, so I'll be able to buy some papers. It's a shame they now change the tokens each time, I still have some MEN tokens from the last offer.
Not seen the new tokens are they much different cheers

AntoniC

Northern are running their offer for unlimited rail travel again if you get 3 tokens from qualifying papers.
Its £10 for a weekday ticket/ £17.50 for a weekend and you can get up to 4 tickets per proof of purchase and all tickets to be used on the same day.

Source
Hop on and off all day long. Kids go half price*
To qualify for this special offer, simply collect 3 tokens from your local newspaper on participating dates, complete the correct on-line form, download and print the form and buy your tickets from any staffed ticket office.
You can travel anywhere on the Northern network using Northern services. Hop on and off all day long. Depending on your home station, you can visit Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Southport, Sheffield, York and more with Northern.
Three tokens allow you to buy up to 4 Northern only Day Ranger tickets or Weekend Rover tickets which must all be used on the same day or weekend (depending on the ticket chosen). Travel is available between Monday 23 September - Sunday 24 November 2019.
Participating Papers - JPIMedia
Before deciding on your travel dates, please check for any planned engineering works that may affect your journey.
https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/j...tm_source=crm-&utm_content=heroimage&utm_term

Camden

Established Member
Interesting choice of papers. They appear to be excluding the big cities from the offer. No Liverpool or Manchester in there.

BlueFox

Interesting choice of papers. They appear to be excluding the big cities from the offer. No Liverpool or Manchester in there.
The offer is with two newspaper publishers, but only one has been linked to in the previous post. The Manchester Evening News is one of the papers doing the offer. There's discussion on this offer, and a link to the other papers, in the special offers thread.

BlueFox

It wasnt in the original press release and as for last year I dont know as I wasnt looking last year.

Which press release?

The last time they ran this offer wasn't last year, this is the third time they've done it this year.

andrewg70

Autumn 2019 token

Attachments

• 9BB86080-D2EA-41C6-87A7-9586512381D7.jpeg
    9BB86080-D2EA-41C6-87A7-9586512381D7.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 97

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Autumn 2019 token

Hmm, looks like the tokens are smaller and completely redesigned from the previous ones. Pity really; I have six leftover tokens from the summer offer. I wonder if there's anything to stop me using them?

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Hmm, looks like the tokens are smaller and completely redesigned from the previous ones. Pity really; I have six leftover tokens from the summer offer. I wonder if there's anything to stop me using them?
Aside from the date (eg Summer 2019) printed on them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.