• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern £10 Rail Offer on again 23/09/19 to 24/11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

On Moderation
I did indeed manage to get the ticket issued, and what a brilliant ticket it was.

Travelled on Saturday, covered the S+C and Cumbrian Coast + Furness lines in one day.

That's my favourite use for my day out with this offer.

Bamber Bridge - Preston - Barrow - Carlisle - Leeds - Preston - Bamber Bridge. A great day out.

I need to look into seeing if I can fit in a break of journey for a walk along the beach from Braystones to Nethertown. I love the isolation of the beach there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shotton

That's my favourite use for my day out with this offer.

Bamber Bridge - Preston - Barrow - Carlisle - Leeds - Preston - Bamber Bridge. A great day out.

I need to look into seeing if I can fit in a break of journey for a walk along the beach from Braystones to Nethertown. I love the isolation of the beach there.
I did look at walking between/to one of them, however, times didn't permit.

I went Chester -> Bradford -> Shipley (in order to make a connection onto the 10:30ish S+C train) -> Carlisle -> (break at St Bees) Barrow -> Lancaster -> Preston -> Warrington -> Chester.

Was one hell of a day out.

AntoniC

So easy to buy the tickets !!!
I went to Lime St this morning to buy two tickets for me & my dad to have a day out on Monday
(I have to go to Lime St as its the nearest Northern Ticket Office to me in Southport).
All I had to do was hand over the pdf with my two tokens and £20 and we are sorted for our day out !.

Karl

On Moderation
Nice one @AntoniC, enjoy your day out with your Dad. I'm off out on Monday too. A trip to Lincoln from Bamber Bridge for a tenner is a bargain. I've got to give credit to Northern for these regular newspaper offers. I can't afford normal rail prices so I look forward to getting out on these offers :)

AntoniC

Nice one @AntoniC, enjoy your day out with your Dad. I'm off out on Monday too. A trip to Lincoln from Bamber Bridge for a tenner is a bargain. I've got to give credit to Northern for these regular newspaper offers. I can't afford normal rail prices so I look forward to getting out on these offers :)
Karl,
I hope you have a great day out yourself !

lyndhurst25

Established Member
Will I have any hassle attempting to buy this at the Leeds station excess fares ticket window? I will be travelling from Steeton & Silsden station, which has no ticket office but sometimes has a person standing at the entrance with a ticket machine, where I plan to get a Promise to Pay slip from the ticket machine.

J.C.

I have six tokens which I'm not going to be able to use.
I'll give three away (they are Johnson Press tokens so three are needed!) which will be posted at my expense by second class post tomorrow to the first two people to PM me their details.
If this breaks any house rules, I'll apologise in advance and not be upset if my post is removed.
I'd just like them to be used!

J.C.

**Update** Gone to __toommm__ and Flying Claret. Offer closed

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Will I have any hassle attempting to buy this at the Leeds station excess fares ticket window? I will be travelling from Steeton & Silsden station, which has no ticket office but sometimes has a person standing at the entrance with a ticket machine, where I plan to get a Promise to Pay slip from the ticket machine.
I have no experience of that ticket window but I expect this should be no issue. I've never had any issue getting the F&F £7 tickets from any ticket office ever, and these are a similar product. The only potential problem I forsee might be that if a Guard reaches you and wants to sell you something but, for whatever reason, cannot sell these tickets.

Karl

On Moderation

I have a similar problem from my local station. I travel from Bamber Bridge (no credit/debit card so I can't use the platform machine) to Preston with a 'Promise to Pay' ticket. I then exchange my tokens at Preston. I've not had any problems.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
Update from my journey today: Promise to Pay ticket, Rover application form with tokens attached and £10 note in hand. Guard on Steeton & Silsden to Leeds train couldn't sell me the Rover but was happy to go along with my suggestion that I'd buy it at Leeds. Leeds Excess Fares ticket window said that they couldn't sell the ticket and directed me to the main ticket office on the station concourse. Barrier staff let me out without any questions. Remarkably hassle free travel, other than not being to visit Rotherham due to the flooding!

LeylandLen

I was hoping that Northern could extend this offer by a week ( due to end Sunday 24th ) due to the disruption caused by the floods on the Manchester Sheffield line and around Sheffield and Rotherham in the past week. Some days, we have been asked by several TOCs not to travel. Yes I know the Northern network covers a large part of north England apart from areas mentioned and many are affected ; does no harm to ask (.Im in Lancashire so do have options to use other Northern routes.)

Karl

On Moderation
I remember Northern extending the offer foe a week a year or so ago when the guards were on strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.