• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern 156 in ardwick depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geeves

Established Member
I doubt it will be the same one. Northern have been using the Wheel Lathe for a couple of months.

westcoaster

Established Member
Wasn't there a 156 that was stuck in Piccadilly for over a week, maybe they finally moved it to the nearest depot for recovery.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Wasn't there a 156 that was stuck in Piccadilly for over a week, maybe they finally moved it to the nearest depot for recovery.
I believe that was one of Northerns' 150/1s; this thread did remind me of it and make me wonder how they finally got it shifted from Piccadilly though.

Crossover

Established Member
Yeah, the stuck train was a 150

When on the GMPTE Challenge, we saw a Northern unit in Ardwick (I think it was a 156) and from what I know of the layout of the depot, it was on the wheel lathe (which is in the main depot building, the nearest road to the main lines) so it could be similar

pemma

Veteran Member
I believe that was one of Northerns' 150/1s; this thread did remind me of it and make me wonder how they finally got it shifted from Piccadilly though.

150145 was stuck in Piccadilly platform 11 for a couple of weeks with a carden shaft issue.

sprite

150145 was stuck in Piccadilly platform 11 for a couple of weeks with a carden shaft issue.

I thought it was final drive not the carden shaft that was at fault, and that the carden shaft issue was related to the 142 speed restrictions.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Dont Northern use the wheel lathe at Ardwick?

Should read the whole thread before i comment - beaten to it. Apologies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.