• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern 323s refurbishment and cascade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The only paint any of 323223-323239 have seen since their initial GMPTE as delivered colours has been yellow warning ends, external window frames on all bodyside windows. Both First North Western's and Serco-abellio Northern's actual liveries were applied in vinyl wrap as opposed to paint. Edit to correct myself. One 323 323227 if I remember correctly did receive a painted relivery after Regional Railways GMPTE scheme and appeared in overall blue with the North Western Trains logo and gold stars.

Last edited:

On Moderation
The 323s have been repainted before.
They haven’t. Every livery since their original GM paint has been vinyl. Might be some small amounts of paint in awkward areas, but they have not had a full repaint.

Established Member
They haven’t. Every livery since their original GM paint has been vinyl. Might be some small amounts of paint in awkward areas, but they have not had a full repaint.

Fair enough, cheers.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I know I asked this a few pages back, but now the refurbs have started, does anyone know what PIS is being fitted? I hope that they might put in CAF screens - I like the ones on the 195s - but that's unlikely, I know.
PLEASE not TrainFX TFTs from the WM 323s!

js1000

I know I asked this a few pages back, but now the refurbs have started, does anyone know what PIS is being fitted? I hope that they might put in CAF screens - I like the ones on the 195s - but that's unlikely, I know.
PLEASE not TrainFX TFTs from the WM 323s!
It's possible as they've started adding PID screen on some of the 150s and 319s (but not yet in operation) but won't know until we see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.