• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern 333 refurbishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Moderation
I think after the 1st of March and Northern is back in public ownership, who knows, anything is possible.
The leases for the fleet will novate to the new operator. If Northern want to replace the 333s before the end of their current lease it will be an expensive business.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam0984

It's supposedly going to get repaired, but it's going to take a few months to do so, however whether it's financially viable, when it's not the only 333 that apparently has this problem I'm not so sure. I've also heard " unofficially" that Northern were going to get rid of them all and have them replaced like for like for new units, 331 probably.

All the 333s have the problem with cracks in the bolster to varying degrees. They are all monitored on a periodic basis to ensure they're not getting worse. 009 is at Derby on a fact finding mission to find a long term fix whether they would all need to go to Derby to be fixed, done at Neville Hill by an outside contractor or can be done by northern/Siemens fitters. It will not take 9 months each for the other 15 to be done.

DGH 1

All the 333s have the problem with cracks in the bolster to varying degrees. They are all monitored on a periodic basis to ensure they're not getting worse. 009 is at Derby on a fact finding mission to find a long term fix whether they would all need to go to Derby to be fixed, done at Neville Hill by an outside contractor or can be done by northern/Siemens fitters. It will not take 9 months each for the other 15 to be done.
Thanks for the info, I didn't realise all the 333's had the cracks in the bolster..

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a gentle reminder this thread is about Northern 333 refurbishments, thanks

If anyone wishes to seek advice regarding taking or uploading photographs please use a different thread in the appropriate forum, thanks :) I will move some posts now...

Status
Not open for further replies.