• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern 333 refurbishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just to confirm 333012 was sandwiched between 2x 37's for its journey from Holbeck to Neville hill on Saturday morning, not sure which 333, if any, has replaced it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave91131

Which 333 went to Holbeck today?

333014 was dragged to Holbeck today, top and tailed by 37608 and 37xxx - seen in Leeds station but unable to ID the rear 37 due to rushing to get on 144003 to Woodlesford for winning 'new recruit' 150105 back (desperate I know).

If anybody can ID the other 37 it would be appreciated.

On Moderation
333014 was dragged to Holbeck today, top and tailed by 37608 and 37xxx - seen in Leeds station but unable to ID the rear 37 due to rushing to get on 144003 to Woodlesford for winning 'new recruit' 150105 back (desperate I know).

If anybody can ID the other 37 it would be appreciated.
37608/884 reported elsewhere as the two locos involved.

Harvey B

Unrelated question:
If this rumour from ages ago about the 333s moving on to doncaster services is true, will it affect the 333s on the triangle services?
(Thought I'd post it here because the Furture of the class 333 thread hasn't been active for over a year)

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Unrelated question:
If this rumour from ages ago about the 333s moving on to doncaster services is true, will it affect the 333s on the triangle services?
(Thought I'd post it here because the Furture of the class 333 thread hasn't been active for over a year)
Once 333s go on Doncasters there'll be fewer of them on the triangle, but they'll still be the majority of services. With Leeds now getting 4-car 331s instead of 3, they may be simply swapped directly into the 321/322 diagrams which would see them mostly working Doncasters.

Harvey B

Once 333s go on Doncasters there'll be fewer of them on the triangle, but they'll still be the majority of services. With Leeds now getting 4-car 331s instead of 3, they may be simply swapped directly into the 321/322 diagrams which would see them mostly working Doncasters.
Thats good news, at least they would stay on Triangle services, should they go on Doncaster services, I'm probably thinking that the 331s will be the main traction on Doncaster services but at least 1 333 diagram per day on Doncaster services would be good (I would think that they would likely be operated by Leeds based crews and not the crews at Donny if that's the case)

Neptune

Established Member
No plans at all for 333’s on the Doncaster route. They only appear on the route during 32x shortages and only then if there are enough spare to cover.

Harvey B

No plans at all for 333’s on the Doncaster route. They only appear on the route during 32x shortages and only then if there are enough spare to cover.
Firstly, it's theoretical
Secondly, it would be when the 331s are introduced

Kite159

Veteran Member
I'm surprised the door release buzzer sounders haven't been made louder during the refurbishment as they are quite low (if that makes sense).

Having travelled on a couple of the refurb sets yesterday, it's a good job as the seats were looking a bit well worm on some of the units, although legroom in some seats is very poor.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Thats good news, at least they would stay on Triangle services, should they go on Doncaster services, I'm probably thinking that the 331s will be the main traction on Doncaster services but at least 1 333 diagram per day on Doncaster services would be good (I would think that they would likely be operated by Leeds based crews and not the crews at Donny if that's the case)
That was always going to be the case: there are 16 333s and the Doncaster service needs 3 units.

Harvey B

That was always going to be the case: there are 16 333s and the Doncaster service needs 3 units.
They can run Doncaster services (I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube) but to me it doesn't make sense why they have the Doncaster stops in their system and yet they rarely run on that service. BTW is there a peak diagram that runs on Doncaster services

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
They can run Doncaster services (I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube) but to me it doesn't make sense why they have the Doncaster stops in their system and yet they rarely run on that service. BTW is there a peak diagram that runs on Doncaster services
Yes I know.

I was explaining to you that them moving onto Doncaster services (that might not be happening as regularly as originally planned, due to the Airedale platform extensions not happening in time) wouldn't mean that they'd no longer run triangle services, because there are 16 units and Doncaster only needs three of them. I think the peak extra Doncaster is still run with a 170, it was before the timetable change.

And for now at least, there aren't any other services run by EMUs in Yorkshire.

northernchris

Established Member
Yes I know.

I was explaining to you that them moving onto Doncaster services (that might not be happening as regularly as originally planned, due to the Airedale platform extensions not happening in time) wouldn't mean that they'd no longer run triangle services, because there are 16 units and Doncaster only needs three of them. I think the peak extra Doncaster is still run with a 170, it was before the timetable change.

And for now at least, there aren't any other services run by EMUs in Yorkshire.

The peak Doncaster is now back to a 321/2. I can't remember the last time I saw on a 333 on the Doncaster route!

On the refurbished 333’s they have put a route map of the Wharfedale/Airedale triangle above the door, this does not include Doncaster, with suggests they don’t have any intentions to run them to Doncaster.

xotGD

Established Member
On the refurbished 333’s they have put a route map of the Wharfedale/Airedale triangle above the door, this does not include Doncaster, with suggests they don’t have any intentions to run them to Doncaster.
Certainly not until the 6-car 331s arrive.

Tracked

Established Member

Is this something that'd be really hard to change if they do start running them to Doncaster?

johntea

Established Member
Was just on a non refurbished one...not sure of the exact unit but apparently the next station was Krikstall Forge :D

Harvey B

Was just on a non refurbished one...not sure of the exact unit but apparently the next station was Krikstall Forge :D
Someone else mentioned this on the general Northern units refurbishments thread too.
Hopefully this is repaired when it gets taken in for a refurb. I'll report back if I experience it happening when I go to Bradford to see Les Miserables next month

Tracked

Established Member
There was a 333 on the 08:21 Leeds to Doncaster (2B97) this morning, didn't get the number, it was 20+ minutes late after being late off depot (like a lot of trains, by the look of RTT) so not sure if that led to it working that service. Didn't get the number, or whether it was a refurb'd one, as I just saw the front end from the bridge near Bentley station.

Harvey B

There was a 333 on the 08:21 Leeds to Doncaster (2B97) this morning, didn't get the number, it was 20+ minutes late after being late off depot (like a lot of trains, by the look of RTT) so not sure if that led to it working that service. Didn't get the number, or whether it was a refurb'd one, as I just saw the front end from the bridge near Bentley station.
Will they be on that line more often then?

Status
Not open for further replies.