Northern accepting bus tickets Bradford to Leeds

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by Andyh82, 8 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andyh82

Andyh82 Member

Due to a road closure causing the suspension of buses, Northern Rail were accepting 'bus tickets' between Leeds and Bradford this afternoon/evening.

It didn't specify just MetroCards so presumably included various bus only products, FirstDay's and all kinds of tickets.

I've never known such joined up thinking around here, I'm wondering how they managed to implement it, and how passengers got on when they started waving a FirstWeek around at the Leeds barrier line or at a conductor.

I know this sort of thing is the norm in TFL land but it must be rare here.

2. Clip

Clip Established Member

Probably just sent out a text or email to all staff mobiles at stations concerned.

Its good to see NT do something positive given how much grief they get at times

3. PermitToTravel

PermitToTravel Established Member

A very very positive move! Is this sort of thing arranged by Northern, the bus companies, or the PTE?

4. Andyh82

Andyh82 Member

It was Metro who tweeted about it so I presume it was organised by them.

5. Mugby

Mugby Established Member

I would image that when regular bus passengers between the two cities have sampled the alternative to the atrocious 'Hyperlink' they may never go back to it!

6. TUC

TUC Established Member

It appears to have been a gas leak on Thornbury roundabout which led to the cancellation or delay to a number of buses. Whilst i can understand why the road was closed, it seem surprising that buses could not simply use an alternative route between Leeds and Bradford (which would not have helped intermediate passengers but would have been a part-solution.)

.)

7. Arctic Troll

Arctic Troll Established Member

I'd imagine that the other alternative route- the A657 through Rodley and Greengates- will have been gridlocked.

Definitely well done to Northern for agreeing to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.