• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Adelante debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

driver9000

Established Member
Northern Rail are to commence class 180 operation by running a press special on Monday 15 December from Manchester Victoria to Blackpool North. This will coincide with a new passenger information booth opening and will be given the tip by a local counciller.

The train will depart Manchester Victoria at 09:22

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
Driver training.

No 180's have been in public service yet.

Bayum

Established Member
Will the 180's ever go further east than Manchester Victoria?

driver9000

Established Member
180106 has been turned out in a rather fetching version of Northerns livery. Basically its a purple version of the livery they carried with FGW, but with the gold & pink stripes covered in purple. The Northern logo is in the space once occupied by the Great Western legend with the centre car carrying the website address.

kyrano

Just to clarify the diagrams,
HAZEL GROVE DIAGRAM
06.53 Blackpool North-Hazel Grove
09.33 Hazel Grove-Preston
-----3 1/2hr Layover-----
14.23 Preston-Hazel Grove
16.33 Hazel Grove-Preston

BLACKPOOL-MANCHESTER VIC CIRCUIT DIAGRAM
07.18 Blackpool North-Manchester Vic
09.22 Manchester Vic-Blackpool North
11.20 Blackpool North-Manchester Vic
13.22 Manchester Vic-Blackpool North
15.20 Blackpool North-Manchester Vic
17.19 Manchester Vic-Blackpool North
19.20 Blackpool North-Manchester Vic
21.22 Manchester Vic-Blackpool North

dunks

Is First Class Declassified? and open to The Public? i'm considering going on The First Adelante Between Bolton and Manchester Return Tomorrow if it is...

Its funny as I was thinking about that, specially as they've still got their 5 carriages. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be..

I guess I'll find out when I come to Manchester in the New Year.

driver9000

Established Member
Is First Class Declassified? and open to The Public? i'm considering going on The First Adelante Between Bolton and Manchester Return Tomorrow if it is...

No such thing as first class on Northern Rail, the first class coach is available to standard class ticket holders......

adambro

I haven't seen a press release or anything about this? Anyone else able to help?

driver9000

Established Member
I haven't seen a press release or anything about this? Anyone else able to help?

Check Northerns passenger charter it clearly states that First class is not available on any Northern service, as the 180 is non-standard to the fleet, and on the reliveried set the first class coach is not marked up in anyway whatsoever regarding the First class - what would happen if they said 1st class was on this service, and then a 180 is unavailable and 2x156s are allocated? They wont put a press release out about the First class coach because to Northerns eyes it doesnt exist. Same with the buffet counter.

I know there were standard class holders using the declassified coach this morning when the train entered service.

Standard class only applies to ALL Northern services, including Adelantes.

adambro

Check Northerns passenger charter it clearly states that First class is not available on any Northern service, as the 180 is non-standard to the fleet, and on the reliveried set the first class coach is not marked up in anyway whatsoever regarding the First class - what would happen if they said 1st class was on this service, and then a 180 is unavailable and 2x156s are allocated? They wont put a press release out about the First class coach because to Northerns eyes it doesnt exist. Same with the buffet counter.

I know there were standard class holders using the declassified coach this morning when the train entered service.

Standard class only applies to ALL Northern services, including Adelantes.

Erm, no, I meant a press release about introducing 180s. :roll:

adamp

180's unreliability is annoying, preston to mcv was cancelled on friday afternoon, when i travelled up there on 180 106 the declassified first class carriage failed on us, so the whole unit must have failed at blackpool.

What causes all this?
-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.