• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern advance fares +Arriva bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=BDI&dest=LCN

Example - Bradford interchange to Lincoln. The highest price £15 Northern Only advance fare says:

"Journey must include travel on the following main TOC: NORTHERN
Connecting travel (where permitted by routeing) is allowed on: ARRIVA BUS"

What's the Arriva bus bit about? Where are you supposed to use a bus between Bradford and Lincoln?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
There's nothing about Arriva Bus in the actual text of the NT restriction.

Muzer

Established Member
The Arriva Bus bit comes from the electronic fares data, which is provided to aid journey planners in determining permitted routes but doesn't form part of the contract between the railway and the passenger. It doesn't surprise me to see weirdness like this there; if I had to guess I'd imagine that a similar (note: not the same) fare is or at some point was valid to connect onto a bus, and they didn't bother removing this information for the fares where this isn't the case.

ASharpe

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Yorkshire Tiger (Arriva) Leeds-Bradford International Airstrip to Bradford buses (737 & 747).

I think through ticketing went away a few years ago (Plusbus?) and I wonder if there are plans to bring it back as Arriva run the buses and trains.

If it was implemented well I think northern could do quite well out of it - especially given only their highest tier advance ticket has Arriva buses allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.