• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern app update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saperstein

Sorry if this has already been posted or there is another thread going but I had a look and found nowt.

I noticed tonight an update for the Northern App which surprised me as usually who ever takes over starts afresh as in EMT to EMR, Virgin to Avanti ect but maybe this is different because it’s not a normal end of franchise (sorry I’m not the best at wording these things!)

Also I have had at least 4 emails from northern asking if I want them to keep my data.

Saperstein.

3E691D47-48A1-4CA3-A681-AFE801525E60.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
The new business (Northern Trains Limited) will still trade as 'northern'.

Ah so that's why my oversized QR codes are now back how they should be. Still can't delete old credit card details though

johntea

Established Member
They’ve also been firing round an email regarding transfer of personal data ownership to Northern Trains Limited, shame they didn’t bother proof reading it!

We are writing to inform you that from 1 March 2020 the Northern rail franchise services currently provided by Arriva Rail North Limited (ARN) will be provided by Northern Trains Limited (NTL).

We are obliged by law to inform you of changes to any terms and conditions which are relevant to you. We have taken steps to avoid duplication, however, please accept our apologies if you have already received a communication in respect of another ARN service.

As you have made a delay repay claim within the last 12 months ARN holds a record of your personal data. As a consequence of the change to the legal entity responsible for the Northern rail franchise services, on 1 March 2020 ARN intends to transfer the personal data relating to your delay repay claims within the last 12 months to NTL. The transfer of this personal data is intended to enable the process of complaints and refunds.

If you have registered an account on our portal the transfer will also ensure that your account is maintained along with any uploaded season tickets and defined regular journey, enabling you to continue to claim using our one click process.

NTL will be a data controller when it processes your personal data for this purpose.

The transfer will ensure high levels of customer service, irrespective of the legal entity responsible for the Northern rail franchise services. There is more information about this in the NTL privacy notice which is accessible here www.northern.olrholdings.co.uk/ntlpolicy.

If you decide that you do not want this transfer of your personal data to NTL to proceed, please contact us prior to 1 March 2020 by sending an email to [email protected] with a subject line “DELAY REPAY DO NOT MOVE” and your name and address details in the email.

Please be aware that not allowing the transfer may impact the way ARN provides relevant refunds and other administrative activity.

More information about the change to the legal entity responsible for the Northern rail franchise services can be found at www.northern.olrholdings.co.uk.

Rest assured ARN will continue to manage any personal data you have provided to ARN safely and securely in accordance with the law. Your existing preferences for the receipt, or otherwise, of communications on promotions and marketing from ARN remain unaffected.

Yours,

The Arriva Rail North Team.

kc_

What's the difference?

To my knowledge mTickets are the type that are only available in the TOC's own app. You usually see them with the 3 colour bar with the time scrolling along it.

eTickets on the other hand are PDF tickets that get emailed to you, and you can either print them or just show the email on your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.