• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern change of allocations - Manchester area

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
This week I've noticed a 142 working a diagram which was a 150 both yesterday and today and earlier I caught a 156 on the Mid-Cheshire on a standard pattern service, the first time I've seen or been on one since the timetable change. Have Northern changed their allocations and if so does it relate to the Lime Street closure? (The diagrams I'm talking about don't include services which would normally run to Lime Street.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ant158

Have noticed more Class 156s on the Clitheroe runs this week, they seemed to be absent from Clitheroe line since the timetable change.

Chester1

Established Member
I have noticed 319s at Stockport and Piccadilly in the last week or so too. I think its part of the timetable change and rolling stock cascades. Pacers are due start going off lease in September change mid Cheshire line allocations later this year.

pemma

Veteran Member
I have noticed 319s at Stockport and Piccadilly in the last week or so too. I think its part of the timetable change and rolling stock cascades. Pacers are due start going off lease in September change mid Cheshire line allocations later this year.

I think you misunderstand. I'm asking whether the diagramming is currently different to what it was for the first two weeks of the timetable change, not whether diagramming changed at the last timetable change (which it almost certainly did.)

Pacers don't actually go off-lease until the end of 2019 but there's the option to return some early starting with 144s in a few months but that almost certainly won't happen as it relies on:
- Windermere to Oxenholme, Bolton to Wigan and Stalybridge to Manchester having been wired or alternatively 8 x 769s being in revenue earning service.
- Manchester to Bolton to Preston having been wired and EMUs being used on revenue earning service.
- The 3 x 150s from WMT having transferred to Northern.

Puffing Devil

Established Member
I've seen 323s back on the Crewe - Piccadilly run, where the 319s had been in service until this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.