• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Class 195: Initial Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden

Established Member
I think it's worth remembering with this that the northern service was supposed to make up for the loss of the transpennine (6 carriages of 185). Warrington line passengers, and Liverpool passengers generally, are really being screwed and receiving services well below what they merit (that goes for both TPE and Northern).

Just wait until the East Midlands service is got rid of, and these two are all you're left with.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a gentle reminder that this thread is to discuss the initial diagrams for Northern Class 195s.

Please create a new thread (if there isn't one already) or use an existing thread (if there is!) to discuss anything else (you are welcome to then post a link to it from here, if relevant.

Thanks! :)

Bovverboy

Established Member

Jamesrob637

Established Member
There are 2 threads related to 195 diagrams: could the other be locked now as this one details everything since July when they started in traffic?

Adam0984

195s planned to commence operation on the Leeds to Lincoln line from Monday and presumably Notts as well

js1000

195s planned to commence operation on the Leeds to Lincoln line from Monday and presumably Notts as well
I don't understand these roll-outs when the existing 195 diagrams are so chaotic. Liverpool to Manchester Airport is a random unit generator at the moment. Can only assume the 195s they have are taken out of service for staff training and the 'random unit generator' will continue until the middle of next year when all the 195s are operational.

superkev

Established Member
I've lost track. With the above mentioned Lincoln service how many dgms are there compared with how many units passed for service (I currently have 26 3 car and 6 2 cars)
Thanks
K

Adam0984

It’s not going to be a full transfer immediately but northern want to get the booked traction running on all the services across the network as far as they can and get the pacers removed which means the 158s need to come off to be cascaded. Next week will be more of a gentle introduction to analysise any problems that haven’t been Brought up during testing on the route

Boysteve

Well the last few days has seen 2 x 2car 150s on the morning Lime Street to Wilmslow in place of 2x3car 195s. Today is 150+156. Northern can shout about Lincoln introduction all they want but as others have said; on the original 195 routes their appearance is not where it should be!

Adam0984

Can’t disagree there, obviously expecting an uplift in 195 availability and reliability

Class195

Well the last few days has seen 2 x 2car 150s on the morning Lime Street to Wilmslow in place of 2x3car 195s. Today is 150+156. Northern can shout about Lincoln introduction all they want but as others have said; on the original 195 routes their appearance is not where it should be!

Try a 150 all the way from York to Blackpool. Horrific.

Bovverboy

Established Member
I think it's worth remembering with this that the northern service was supposed to make up for the loss of the transpennine (6 carriages of 185). Warrington line passengers, and Liverpool passengers generally, are really being screwed and receiving services well below what they merit (that goes for both TPE and Northern).

Just wait until the East Midlands service is got rid of, and these two are all you're left with.

There were only about three trips per day which were booked for double 185s.

darloscott

I've lost track. With the above mentioned Lincoln service how many dgms are there compared with how many units passed for service (I currently have 26 3 car and 6 2 cars)
Thanks
K
Leeds-Notts/Lincoln is 10 units. Of course it's possible they'll be a mix at first

Spartacus

Established Member
Heads up at Nottingham, 195009 booked on the 1409 off Leeds, 1617 return from Nottingham.

Wharfe106

Does this service use the current route via Barnsley, or the intended route via Rotherham and W. Westgate?
I think it safe to assume that in the current situation 'via Westgate' is no longer intended, not in the foreseeable future anyway.

J-2739

Established Member
I think it safe to assume that in the current situation 'via Westgate' is no longer intended, not in the foreseeable future anyway.
Ah, so both the Lincoln and Nottingham to Leeds, which will be receiving 195s, will be routed through Barnsley?

Super.

superkev

Established Member
Doubtful, Money has just been spent at Newton Heath on a new depot for the 195s.
Probably wrong here but it seems that Neville hill may be left with just an allocation of most of the 158s and all the 333s with other classes visiting for day to day servicing as required. Looks like a reduced workload too for
Heaton which looks like having just some 158s and 156s allocated.
All the new stuff seems to be split between NH (dmus) and AN.
And, hows the glacial progress with the new 195 shed doing at NH.
K

northernchris

Established Member
Probably wrong here but it seems that Neville hill may be left with just an allocation of most of the 158s and all the 333s with other classes visiting for day to day servicing as required. Looks like a reduced workload too for
Heaton which looks like having just some 158s and 156s allocated.
All the new stuff seems to be split between NH (dmus) and AN.
And, hows the glacial progress with the new 195 shed doing at NH.
K

Neville Hill supposedly has an allocation of 150s now too, and the 155s and 170s are Neville Hill allocated

Status
Not open for further replies.