• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Complimentary Travel Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTJ

Hi looking for some advice
Earlier in the year I got a complimentary travel pass from Northern Rail after a delay in traveling. It says its only valid on Northern services but I want to travel from Warrington to Burnley changing at Preston. Warrington is a Virgin station so guessing I can't use it for travel from there? But would I be able to use it from Preston to Burnley? Also how do I redeem it? Do I go to the ticket office or redeem on the train?
Thank you in advice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 59
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
You just fill it in and travel. No need to exchange it for anything.

It's valid on any Northern train, it doesn't matter who operates the station. Just fill it in and travel.

CTJ

The train from Warrington to Preston is Virgin unfortunately so won't be able to use it until getting to Preston. Though the map I was sent with my ticket shows their service going through Warrington to Preston :-/

Bertie the bus

Established Member
Though the map I was sent with my ticket shows their service going through Warrington to Preston :-/

It doesn't show that. However, if you're not that bothered about the amount of time it takes you can travel from Warrington - Preston with Northern if you catch the Warrington Bank Quay - Liverpool Lime St service and catch a Preston train from there. Another alternative is Warrington - Earlestown - Manchester Oxford Road - Preston though that would take even longer.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You can go from Warrington Bank Quay to Huyton (1 train per hour) or Warrington Central (2tph) to Liverpool, for direct hourly trains to Preston. Alternatively there are 2 Northern services per hour from Warrington Central to Manchester, where there are 2tph from Piccadilly/Oxford Road to Preston, and 1tph from Victoria. About 90-120 minutes either way.

Last edited:

kieron

Established Member
It doesn't show that. However, if you're not that bothered about the amount of time it takes you can travel from Warrington - Preston with Northern if you catch the Warrington Bank Quay - Liverpool Lime St service and catch a Preston train from there.
It wouldn't take that - both trains stop in Huyton, so you can change over there. Still a lot slower than a direct Warrington-Wigan train, of course.

johnmoly

You will have about 20 minutes wait at Huyton for the Preston train. Thats the best bet as you might miss it and have to wait an hour if you went all the way into Lime Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.