• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Conductor Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalesrail

Got the dreaded rejection e - mail regarding a vacancy I applied for recently, despite it being exactly the same application that got me an interview last time.

I did get an invite to do the on-line assessment last Friday, stating it needed to be completed by 30/12/16. Been really busy at work this week, so had no time to do it. Is my failure to complete the assessment quickly likely to be the reason my application was rejected?

Also, is it worth doing the on-line assessment anyway, as I believe the results are kept on file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kelv

if the time limit expired then you won't be able to do it as it will expire on the shl site as well.
I presume it was 30/4/16 & not 30/12/16 ? If you already sat the tests in December then I'd say it's worth contacting the recruitment team because if you got through to the interview previously then you must have passed the online tests ?

I had an application that I got invited to do the tests but had already sat them, they told me my result would be attached to my application but then I got an email rejection saying I'd failed to complete the test by the expiry, I called them & they reinstated my application & attached my previous test results.

dalesrail

Thanks for the advice, I'll contact them about my previous test.

BTW, the final date for completion of the assessment this time(and I just double checked the e-mail I got from them) was 30/12/16 and I can still access the site. Maybe they made a mistake with the date. I thought it seemed strange to have the final date so far off.

Churchill012

Hello,

I too was a bit weary of the completion date on the e-mail but when i visited the site to complete the test it was stated that the deadline was much earlier (05/05/16) I think. I have only discovered and registered this forum today otherwise I would have posted this advising people.

Has anybody else completed these and the Saville tests online and awaiting results? How did you find the tests? Not feeling overly confident with myself as they were much more difficult than I expected towards the end of them. Wait, see and hope!

kdhurst380

When I did them, it quickly became evident that the questions required some working out and it would be nigh on impossible to complete them all in the time given. I didn't complete them and passed. I'd assume from that they look for a balance of accuracy and speed.

Do the mock tests to familiarise yourself with the format of the questions, that might help with speed.

Good luck :)

Si_leeds

I think they be made them more complex because they don't do the psychometric test anymore.
I found them a bit confusing but once I relaxed and read the questions properly it was fine..... and I start next Monday :)

kdhurst380

I think they be made them more complex because they don't do the psychometric test anymore.
I found them a bit confusing but once I relaxed and read the questions properly it was fine..... and I start next Monday :)

Next month for me. Good luck! :)

dalesrail

Can you re-sit the tests in a future application if you were to fail them this time around, or does the two strikes rule apply?

Churchill012

Had the dreaded e-mail myself this morning. Assume I either didn't pass the tests or my personality test wasn't to their liking. Oh well. Always next time. Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.