• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Conductor Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

horhayefc

I have recently attended an interview for a guards job at Leeds (+ group assessment), I have today received an email stating that I had "met the required standard" and that they are currently in the process of allocating candidates training courses.

Does anyone know what these training courses are? As yet I have done know psychometric tests for this role, so am I to assume that this is what the training courses are?

Late last year I also undertook psychometric tests for a FTPE role (group bourdon, ticket selling, ticket checking, role play etc), am I right in thinking that I would not be required to sit these assessments again?

Cheers for any input!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OpsWeb

I have recently attended an interview for a guards job at Leeds (+ group assessment), I have today received an email stating that I had "met the required standard" and that they are currently in the process of allocating candidates training courses.

Does anyone know what these training courses are? As yet I have done know psychometric tests for this role, so am I to assume that this is what the training courses are?

Late last year I also undertook psychometric tests for a FTPE role (group bourdon, ticket selling, ticket checking, role play etc), am I right in thinking that I would not be required to sit these assessments again?

Cheers for any input!

I'm not sure on the "training courses" but I know for the psychometric tests - it depends on the original TOC. Conductor's psychometric tests are not regulated like the Driver tests and as such there is a fair bit of variance between the various TOC's.

Some companies use the SCAAT, others use the GBT, some use the RAAT and others use there own!

It might be worth mentioning that fact you have done them with another TOC to Northern as I don't think they would automatically check the database before sending you for tests!

Dnwllndjames

I believe this means that you have the job pal, and that they are waiting on course dates for you to start.

kelv

Bear in mind that it probably wont work as it has previously, as in offer/contract & list of uniform to order due to fact it wont be NR.
I'd have thought they'd be a bit more specific/to the point in saying that you're in though.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
How much more specific do they need to be? They have told you, you have met the standards they want and they're allocating you to a training course. Don't see what's particularly confusing about that.

Dom.1990

Hi there, well done for passing the interview, as far as I am aware the next step for you will be a medical then a course start date for your conductor training...just last week i had an interview for a conductor position at Leeds but no news as yet...good luck mate

Hi Guys - just wanted to share some happy news that i have today spoke with Northerns Recruitment Team and i have found out i have been succesful following my recent interview/assessment at Leeds for trainee Conductor.

Really looking forwards to the future.

They have explained i now have to wait for an email inviting me for a medical - then its a case of waiting for a place on their training programme.

Hopefully i might be joining at the same time as some of you guys. All the best, Nick

Dom.1990

Well done Nick! I'm the same just passed the interview for conductor at Leeds just waiting on medical/course dates...does anyone know how I stand in terms of references, do northern contact your references without giving you notice and how many referees do they require? Employer/character,etc

munster732

Well done Nick! I'm the same just passed the interview for conductor at Leeds just waiting on medical/course dates...does anyone know how I stand in terms of references, do northern contact your references without giving you notice and how many referees do they require? Employer/character,etc

Congratulations on getting this far. The medical is quite simple and Northern never even took up any of my references when I joined last year!

Dom.1990

Congratulations on getting this far. The medical is quite simple and Northern never even took up any of my references when I joined last year!

Thank you Munster it's been a long wait to get through after years of applying !.....Ah right once I get my dates through I wanted to break it gently to my employer rather than northern contacting them first

Email received today inviting me to medical in a few weeks!

Fingers crossed things are moving nicely.

Any news from others?

Si_leeds

Any idea on your course start date yet nick?

I've got my medical on the 10th of may in Leeds and I start training 1uth of june.

I asked the lady from hr who emailed me about doing my psychometric assessment (I've never done one) and she said I don't need to do one, I had passed my interview and the medical was the last step. So I think they may of stopped doing them now

Status
Not open for further replies.