• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Conductor Manchester Depots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

M16WR

No haven’t heard anything since the email saying I’d passed the tests and that it could take a while for them to get back in touch.
It’s just a case of waiting I reckon now.

Does everyone who passes the online tests get an interview?

May have just come back on it has happened before? Who knows will be a couple more weeks we will have to see how everything pans out with COVID.

TallPaul76

I applied for the Conductor job at Wigan and Manchester and had an email to say i had passed the online tests. Both these and both just say "Application under Consideration.

I also applied for a Train Driver position and had the following email:

Thank you for your application for Manchester driver. Your application has now been put forward in our shortlisting process, where we will assess your application in relation to the role criteria and requirements.

This campaign is for positions forecasted in Autumn & onwards. Therefore, there now will be a pause on shortlisting for this campaign for a short period of time & you may not hear anything for a couple of months. In this time if you could refrain from contacting the team to allow us to complete other campaigns we are managing.

Please feel assured that we will be back in touch to advise whether you have been successful or not. But, as mentioned above this may take some time & we appreciate your patience.​

Established Member
Hear on the grapevine someone in Northern's HR wrongly re-advertised the Conductor Manchester vacancy, suggesting the second and/or third advert was an error, meaning (rumoured) 200+ applications binned. About a third of candidates are being contacted... a sloppy HR mistake perhaps but the thing that brought it to light was an absence of one word... 'sorry' in HR's reply, which is doing the rounds on a WhatsApp group.

Edit, this is the snippet...
Email Northern HR sent to candidates said:
Thank you for your interest in the Manchester Conductor vacancy.

Unfortunately, there was a malfunction with the recruitment page and the vacancy falsely opened for new applications.

We are not taking new applications for the role at this time, your application will be withdrawn from the process.

The mind boggles :lol:

Last edited:

Brad1

Hi,
Did anybody else get through to an interview or even a medical for the original advert from April?

Status
Not open for further replies.