• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern conductor position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jg932459

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to hear back from northern after applying for a conductor role?

I applied in December at the end of last year, and was told I’d passed the online tests on NYE. Still waiting to hear whether I have got an interview or not..

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DB0161

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to hear back from northern after applying for a conductor role?

I applied in December at the end of last year, and was told I’d passed the online tests on NYE. Still waiting to hear whether I have got an interview or not..

TIA
Which depot was this for? My brother applied at the same time for Manchester Piccadilly and revived an email around a week ago informing him that the position had been put on hold for the time being

Jg932459

I applied in August and didn’t hear a thing until January. It seems to be a very random process unfortunately
Could be a couple of months yet then. Thanks mate.

Which depot was this for? My brother applied at the same time for Manchester Piccadilly and revived an email around a week ago informing him that the position had been put on hold for the time being
Wigan depot mate. Didn’t hear anything apart from I passed the tests. Emailed them today though and they advised that they received a lot of applications and they will be in touch when they have got through them all.

Wigan depot mate. Didn’t hear anything apart from I passed the tests. Emailed them today though and they advised that they received a lot of applications and they will be in touch when they have got through them all.
Just be prepared in case they don’t get through all the applications mate. Could be a long wait for them to then fill the position before getting to your application, which is what happened to me. ‘Vacancy withdrawn’.

Ryanaskew

Wondering if anyone can help, I applied for a conductor apprenticeship at Newcastle in august I passed both of the online tests and was waiting to hear about a potential interview but it was placed on hold and still, wondering if anyone knows when it will be back up and running?

kayul

Wondering if anyone can help, I applied for a conductor apprenticeship at Newcastle in august I passed both of the online tests and was waiting to hear about a potential interview but it was placed on hold and still, wondering if anyone knows when it will be back up and running?
I just applied for an apprenticeship with Northern. Do you do the online tests only when they see you as a potential candidate since there were none during the application. Although mine is a Customer Service role so it might be different.

Ryanaskew

I applied for the role and then as part of the recruitment process every candidate had to take both of the tests which then helps them to sift through the applications.

kayul

I applied for the role and then as part of the recruitment process every candidate had to take both of the tests which then helps them to sift through the applications.
Oh ok. So is that once the position is closed I guess they get sent out to people or something? Sorry, I am unfamiliar with the process.

Rocco 698

Hi Ryan, I was wondering where you got to in the recruitment process and if you could give advice re the online tests? I have just been sent a link for the tests to be completed in the next few days. Regards, Ed

newcastleboy

Hi Ryan, I was wondering where you got to in the recruitment process and if you could give advice re the online tests? I have just been sent a link for the tests to be completed in the next few days. Regards, Ed
Hello, I passed both of the tests to the required standard and was waiting to hear about an interview, I have also been sent the link to complete the tests again which shouldn’t be too bad as I have already done then.

Hi Ed, just wondering have you completed the verbal and numerical reasoning assessments?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.