• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Conductor training

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiB

Does anyone know if Northern are planning on starting any new conductor courses at Leeds in the near future?
I'm aware previous courses are still on going but not sure if new ones are on hold with the lockdown etc.
I also think some are starting in Manchester but not heard about Leeds.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AAA

I think i seen on here there is one in Manchester 1st of March and 15th March in Leeds. Have you emailed hr asking for any updates lokib??

LokiB

I think i seen on here there is one in Manchester 1st of March and 15th March in Leeds. Have you emailed hr asking for any updates lokib??
Good to hear they are still running then, doesn't look like I'm going to be on either of those though.

Yeah I just got the standard response of:
We're still awaiting confirmation of future course dates and that I'm still in the pool but if nothing is offered within the 9months from interview I'll have to reapply.

Gives me 6 months left so I'm not giving up hope.

AAA

Good to hear they are still running then, doesn't look like I'm going to be on either of those though.

Yeah I just got the standard response of:
We're still awaiting confirmation of future course dates and that I'm still in the pool but if nothing is offered within the 9months from interview I'll have to reapply.

Gives me 6 months left so I'm not giving up hope.

I am in the same boat, but I've only been waiting 3 weeks and that feels like a lifetime. I'm not sure if they have to finish the 12 week course before they start another one or they run courses concurrently so maybe something will pop up for say April time? There was some jobs recently advertised for York,Leeds and Blackburn so they will need courses too so fingers crossed won't be too long for us!

Miffa

Hi all,

just to give you an idea on waiting periods, I passed online test in March last year. Had zoom interview in July. Start my training on 15th March ( don’t know where yet) I did fail medical on hearing in one ear but HR have been brilliant and they’re sending me to have a rail standard hearing aid fitted tomorrow so I can still start on March 15th. So as you can see, you need to be patient and hang in there! Hope this helps?

Ryry

Is this why northern are doing training between Leeds and Newcastle or is this for something different

Status
Not open for further replies.