• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Driver Apprenticeship - Leeds & York (20/05/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ollie_hobbs

Currently "under review" for the Leeds role (Applied on the 20/5) - has anyone else applied for any of the above roles and heard anything? Just interested in gauging timescales from the date you applied.

I haven't seen much discussion about these positions on the forums - some of them are still open for those looking to apply.

Newapplicant

There was previously a discussion about the roles however I suspect it was with the prior date when they were last recruiting.

I applied on 19/05/2022 and today found out that I've made it to interview stage. I'm so happy I can't stop smiling! :D Hard work begins now though!

Best of luck!

feaky4

There was previously a discussion about the roles however I suspect it was with the prior date when they were last recruiting.

I applied on 19/05/2022 and today found out that I've made it to interview stage. I'm so happy I can't stop smiling! :D Hard work begins now though!

Best of luck!
Congrats have you already passed the tests?? Or is it interview first?

feaky4

It would appear interview first, I've not yet heard anything about any psychometric testing.
Ah ok that’s pretty interesting what station did you apply for? I went for York but never get any where with northern! I’m going through the conductor process with TPE at the moment no idea if that messes with any thing! Good luck!

ollie_hobbs

Just got my invite for the interview for the Leeds role shortly after posting here! Hopefully all goes well.
I've also got the Neville Hill interview a week before.

@Newapplicant is your application for the Leeds one as well?

Ah ok that’s pretty interesting what station did you apply for? I went for York but never get any where with northern! I’m going through the conductor process with TPE at the moment no idea if that messes with any thing! Good luck!

@feaky4 Are the TPE jobs posted through the first careers website? I always seem to be redirected there when I look

Last edited:

Newapplicant

Just got my invite for the interview for the Leeds role shortly after posting here! Hopefully all goes well.
I've also go the Neville Hill interview a week before.

@Newapplicant is your application for the Leeds one as well?
I too have service driver too (depot driver) the week before.

Yes, I've applied for Leeds.

SteveL9

Anyone heard anything back on the Skipton role? Luckily I live within 45 minutes of Leeds and Skipton so was able to throw my hat in for both, but both still showing as under consideration.

Newapplicant

Hi all,

I've recently found out that I've passed my shortlisting and interview for train driver with Northern (based at Leeds) and had a few questions.

Psychometric testing - I'm told although not confirmed that psychometric is to the enhanced and not standard grade. What does this actually mean? Is it just a requirement to get a higher grade or is it extra questions/tests to complete?

What is the general format of the day, I've heard different things banded about such as MMI this and testing that? Is it correct that you do tests throughout the day but should you fail any then you're not progressed and asked to leave and you lose 1 of your 2 lives.

Should I be successful in passing the relevant sections and be offered a role with Northern can anyone tell me what kind of a shift pattern it is that's worked - I realise that the first 14-17 weeks are classroom based which will be 9-5 but following that?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.