• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Driver Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SpitfireAle

I applied in October for the Manchester trainee driver role and was given an interview date for December but couldn't attend. I asked to be kept on file. In early January I contacted them and requested an interview and was given one for next Tuesday, the 28th Jan.

I have been in a talent pool with Freightliner since December 2018 and was told back in October that I might possibly get a start in Feb 2020, doesn't look likely at all. I'm tired of waiting, and having the carrot constantly dangled with little hope of taking a bite. I'm hoping my interview with northern is they key to moving forwards.

Loganberry

I had my assessment day for Manchester on January 23rd and had a phone call today to let me know I've passed... my partner was taking his psychometrics in Doncaster for depot driver today when I recieved the call. Also passed! We can't believe it!

richfoz84

Congrats!

In my email inviting me to assessment it says;

- If you have taken the assessment previously and have a valid pass on some of the elements, you will not have to re-take these. You will only sit the elements you failed or haven’t had the opportunity to take.

I’m contacting them to confirm this as I passed some modules with TFW last year so hopefully don’t need to re do these

Kauto5

Congratulations to everybody whose application is progressing and good luck reaching the ultimate goal!

May I ask, those who have been given interviews and assessments so far, are they for the January 2020 recruitment campaign or earlier campaigns?

richfoz84

Congratulations to everybody whose application is progressing and good luck reaching the ultimate goal!

May I ask, those who have been given interviews and assessments so far, are they for the January 2020 recruitment campaign or earlier campaigns?

I applied originally 11th Sept ‘19

TeaTrain

Mine still says application received. I guess I haven't been rejected yet then lol.

TheRailMan

I applied 4 weeks ago from tomorrow. The original listing stated 2-4 weeks I should find out. Hopefully we get answers tomorrow.

TheRailMan

Had an email today saying that it’s taking them longer than expected. Probably be waiting another 2-4 weeks I think.

TheRailMan

End of process for me... ah well, I’ll try again next time. Does anyone know whether it’s 6 months from when you apply or 6 months from rejection. Also, is it just for the one location or can I apply for other locations within the same company. Thanks

richfoz84

End of process for me... ah well, I’ll try again next time. Does anyone know whether it’s 6 months from when you apply or 6 months from rejection. Also, is it just for the one location or can I apply for other locations within the same company. Thanks
You only have to wait 6 months if you have failed the assessments. It’s 6 months from the date of fail. If you fail the interview or papersift I believe you can keep applying when vacancies come up.

TeaTrain

Mine is still saying application received from end of November. Who knows whats going on lol!

richfoz84

Mine is still saying application received from end of November. Who knows whats going on lol!

I was told today there is a course starting end of March so they are trying to get enough delegates onto this.. so if you aren't imminently on an assessement day.. expect to wait a little while longer i'd say

Last edited:

richfoz84

Anyone here’s who’s been successful.. did you get any coats reimbursed ie hotel and or travel for the assessment centre? At interview I was told I would but there’s been no mention of it since and I don’t have a point of contact about finding out

Llama

Established Member
For the psychometric assessment? That's the first time I've heard of that. You'd get expenses if your classroom training at the training school ends up having to be remote from your depot but I'm not aware of any expenses for non-employees attending assessments as part of the recruitment process.

richfoz84

Anyone here’s who’s been successful.. did you get any coats reimbursed ie hotel and or travel for the assessment centre? At interview I was told I would but there’s been no mention of it since and I don’t have a point of contact about finding out

Yeah the manager at my interview said if you’re successful you will get costs covered if assessment isn’t local, ie not Manchester. Which it wasn’t, it was Doncaster.

Matty93

Hi guys, can I just quickly pick your brains regarding the tests for Northern please?
What tests are included in the psychometric please? I'm practicing the GB test already but is there any others I need to practice? SCAAT or similar?

Thanks in advance

richfoz84

Hi guys, can I just quickly pick your brains regarding the tests for Northern please?
What tests are included in the psychometric please? I'm practicing the GB test already but is there any others I need to practice? SCAAT or similar?

Thanks in advance
Have you got the practice material?

richfoz84

No, my application is still in process. I'm probably getting ahead of myself to be honest but I want to be as prepared as possible.
Ah ok. Have you looked at how2become.com they offer the material you’ll need

Status
Not open for further replies.