• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Driver Vacancy - Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TeaTrain

I see. Unlucky mate. Just got to keep trying!

I haven't had my result back yet. Nervous now!

Was it for Y2017/421? Anyone else heard anything yet?

Last edited:

TeaTrain

Nope not had anything from Northern. I passed my assessment with another toc as well. If you have heard back from Northern already congrats!

Why apply in the first place? I’d suggest if it’s all about the money then it’s not for you!

Termak

Why apply in the first place? I’d suggest if it’s all about the money then it’s not for you!
Closer to home than my current job..done variuos roles in the rail industry including driving for tfl before, so it's not about the money, when you have people depending on you financialy, 50% pay cut is something you will feel. Shunter at the moment going depot driver soon, but current role is 200 miles from home.

Carl

Yeah..got an email in the afternoon, with interview material for 22 January. Not sure if I still want to go for it though coz I'll have to take 50% pay cut for the first year.
Good luck if you decide to go for it! Still nothing for me, playing the waiting game!

TeaTrain

I can understand that Termak. If you have a family to take care of it can put a strain on not just your financials.

I still have not heard anything yet. Either they are taking a little longer or I didn't make the grade this time!

TeaTrain

Well done Carl. Good luck too!

Still waiting for mine : ( They must be sifting through each day?

TeaTrain

Hmm I'm settling in the for bad the news I think. Still not heard anything. Better luck next time I guess!

N!ck

Has anyone else had there interview cancelled due to unforseen circumstances?I was due in on the 22 jan

MJG3

I've not had any emails yet so I think it's looking ominous as several have got through to interview. Well done and good luck to those of you that have. Interview cancelled but re-scheduled? Or interview just cancelled?

N!ck

I've not had any emails yet so I think it's looking ominous as several have got through to interview. Well done and good luck to those of you that have. Interview cancelled but re-scheduled? Or interview just cancelled?

It's been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances but bear with them as they still want to see me and will be in touch in the next few weeks to rearrange. Just wanted to know if all interviews had been cancelled or just the Monday.

Termak

It's been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances but bear with them as they still want to see me and will be in touch in the next few weeks to rearrange. Just wanted to know if all interviews had been cancelled or just the Monday.
I have mine scheduled for Monday, haven't received any comms. If I do, will update.

TeaTrain

I still didn't hear anything at all XD. Good luck to those still having interviews!

TeaTrain

Just a little update: I asked HR if they were still sifting through the applications and they said yes. So I guess anyone still waiting to hear just hang in there a bit longer?

As for the peeps who have heard and been offered interviews already how did it go?

Carl

Just a little update: I asked HR if they were still sifting through the applications and they said yes. So I guess anyone still waiting to hear just hang in there a bit longer?

As for the peeps who have heard and been offered interviews already how did it go?
Hopefully you'll hear something soon :) I was in today, seemed to go ok. Back to the waiting game now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.