• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Driver Vacancy - Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LRV3004

So things are starting to progress now? I, and along with about half of my colleagues, applied for this post! Some of them have been rejected, yet I still haven't heard anything!
The problem is I can't apply for any other roles at Northern that take my fancy due to my trainee driver application still being 'live'.
Should I contact Northern, or just continue to wait?

bobsyouruncle

I don't see why you cant apply for other positions but my guess would be that you are still in with a chance :smile:

TeaTrain

I have not heard anything in a while either. Not rejected or put through to interview. It's best to forget about it for now.

I emailed HR last week to ask and they said they are continuing to sift through the applicants and should wait.

winefarm

I'm another one that hasn't heard anything since the closing date (18 Dec). I checked the acknowledgement and it said
"We will aim to be in touch within the next 2 - 4 weeks to update you on your application, however please be aware this may take longer due to the volume of applications we receive."

It seems that for some of us, we'll just have to wait some more...

RBSN

Northern, or at the very least at Leeds station, they’re currently interviewing for the internal trainee driver positions and also for a few Driver Team Managers.

Could be they’re interviewing for the same over in Manchester?

Louby

Northern, or at the very least at Leeds station, they’re currently interviewing for the internal trainee driver positions and also for a few Driver Team Managers.
Could be they’re interviewing for the same over in Manchester?

yes, they interviewed both external and internal last two weeks, but quite a few have had to be re scheduled for some reason , all on going at the min

RBSN

I thought at much. This could be why there’s a hold up along side the general time it takes to filter through the mounds of applicants.

hughavinalaf

Hi all,just a quick reply to state i passed my interview 2 weeks ago and today i passed my assessment in Doncaster.

Best of luck to all who are still within the application process.

TeaTrain

Is it unusual that some have not even heard anything and others have already had interviews and passed?

Congrats to you all for getting through though. If you have done all the assessments etc then you basically have the job right? Just medical to go!

scouseyb123

On Moderation
Hi all,just a quick reply to state i passed my interview 2 weeks ago and today i passed my assessment in Doncaster.

Best of luck to all who are still within the application process.

What! :o I have had the interview but have not heard anything since then! Now I’m concerned!

Grannyjoans

The Northern vacancies are always for trainee, since I have been in this TOC there has been very few qualified drivers come in from elsewhere

Carl

What! :o I have had the interview but have not heard anything since then! Now I’m concerned!
Hi mate - what date did you have your interview? Mine was the 24th, I emailed Nicola last Friday to ask for an update and received confirmation later that day that I had passed. Not given a date as yet though for the assessment day in Doncaster

bobsyouruncle

Manchester vacancies.
Got email saying that they have reconsidered the amount of drivers they are going to need and have put my application on " file " for 6 months!

MJG3

Same here, still not heard anything. Patience is a virtue..lets hope we get somewhere.

MJG3

I've not had that email, has anyone else? When did you receive this email?

scouseyb123

On Moderation
Received an email saying I had passed the interview stage however they are waiting for more information on the business needs but should be able to communicate more to candidates soon

hughavinalaf

Received an email saying I had passed the interview stage however they are waiting for more information on the business needs but should be able to communicate more to candidates soon
Well done,and while the process appears slow for many,people continue to be invited to attend the assessment centre,so hold tight.

N!ck

I passed the assessment centre in March, received an email a couple of weeks ago stating im an on hold candidate.

LRV3004

Finally had an update! Got this e-mail yesterday:

"We write further to your application for the above mentioned position.
Firstly we would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken to update you on your application.
The vacancies that we originally anticipated have been removed from our recruitment plans and are no longer required. This means that we are unfortunately unable to progress this application any further as the vacancy has been withdrawn.
We understand this is disappointing, but would like to thank you for your time and effort spent in applying for this role".

Status
Not open for further replies.