• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern drivers Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheBadger

I'd really appreciate an update any time soon. 3 months is a long time to wait.

Last edited:

TheBadger

Emailed HR and asked for an update. Got the following Copy/Paste reply:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer information about your application as the sifting/short listing process is still ongoing.

You will receive an email from us when this process is complete that will let you know the outcome of your application. Please bear with us as many positions receive high volumes of applications for us to process.

Cyclist

Still nothing? I read on another thread that a Liverpool job had been discontinued because of a change of terms. Wonder if the same has happened here.

TheBadger

My interview was last week. Found out today that I've passed.

Sorry that's probably not what you want to hear but hopefully they're still working through the paper sift and you get good news soon.

Best of luck.

Duns2208

Anyone else heard anything on this? Still just showing at application submitted on Northerns site so no news either way for me. Is it usual to interview before CV sift completed?

Evolution

Anyone else heard anything on this? Still just showing at application submitted on Northerns site so no news either way for me. Is it usual to interview before CV sift completed?
I applied for the Manchester role and same no update and it’s been over 4 months now since I applied.

I know of people who have interviewed for the role but HR claim they’re still “sifting”. Absolute jokers and speaks volume for this poorly run company.

LETHLFH

It's not unusual to just not hear back if you are unsuccessful, happened to me once a few years ago and my friend twice more recently.

Intermodal

Established Member
I wonder how long I can make my location on this f
I applied for the Manchester role and same no update and it’s been over 4 months now since I applied.

I know of people who have interviewed for the role but HR claim they’re still “sifting”. Absolute jokers and speaks volume for this poorly run company.

Calm down... interviewing and sifting are not incompatible. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Duns2208

Received a reply from HR to say they are still sifting and if not heard anything they’ve still not got to your application yet so hang in there all

Duns2208

I wonder if this applies to the Leeds job as well?
Possibly, here’s the reply;
Unfortunately, we are still sifting in stages for this role. So, if you have not received an update yet, we have not reached your application. We will email either way regarding the outcome, when we reach your application. Thanks for your patience.

Duns2208

Finally received an email today to say no thanks so they may be finally getting through CVs for those still waiting, good luck

Claudius

Still nothing? I read on another thread that a Liverpool job had been discontinued because of a change of terms. Wonder if the same has happened here.

That’s interesting, saw the advert the day before my Arriva interview but thought best focus on the interview rather than a fresh application. By all accounts it would have been wasted time

Cyclist

That’s interesting, saw the advert the day before my Arriva interview but thought best focus on the interview rather than a fresh application. By all accounts it would have been wasted time
Well they have gone ahead with the Newcastle role but it took 4+ months for them to process everyone it seems.

Cusaeng

The Newcastle job is back up on the DB website now. Closes today tho. Wonder why it’s not showing on the northern site.

The Newcastle job is back up on the DB website now. Closes today tho. Wonder why it’s not showing on the northern site.

I think they are moving all the recruitment to the DB website - a bit like FirstGroup have done with SWR and others

Cusaeng

Where did you see the closing date for this one on db site ? I can't see anything .

I’ve just looked and it’s still on. Search for driver newcastle and it should come up however I got an email alert for it the other day

TheBadger

Sorry I can see the job . I meant I can't see where it states the closing date?

I can't see a closing date either but for reference, the last time this job came up it was only open for about 4 days. If anyone is interested, best get the application in ASAP.

TheBadger

Can I ask, is anyone else on hold for this position? I applied back in May and passed testing in Doncaster last week. Now I'm just waiting to see if I'll be offered the job. I've been told I'm now on hold until they can allocate a place on an upcoming course. Would be great to compare notes with someone else in the same situation.

Cyclist

The DB website somehow transcribed my CV and listed quite accurately all my work experience etc :o

So had my interview on the 4th of July for the MDD role at heaton Newcastle , 4 days later recieved a confirmation email that I had passed interview, only just had a phone call last night at 17:50 to invite me to Manchester this Friday for testing - talk about short notice had nothing through the post as in information pack etc just a email which followed the phone call with all the information in....... surely 4 days notice is not enough - now going to have to speak with work in regards to day off sort child care etc... lady on the phone had said there could be another date for testing back end of November but unsure if this will hinder my opportunity for the position if I select the later testing date ?? Anyone shed any light on the matter thanks

Last edited:

Cyclist

So had my interview on the 4th of July for the MDD role at heaton Newcastle , 4 days later recieved a confirmation email that I had passed interview, only just had a phone call last night at 17:50 to invite me to Manchester this Friday for testing - talk about short notice had nothing through the post as in information pack etc just a email which followed the phone call with all the information in....... surely 4 days notice is not enough - now going to have to speak with work in regards to day off sort child care etc... lady on the phone had said there could be another date for testing back end of November but unsure if this will hinder my opportunity for the position if I select the later testing date ?? Anyone shed any light on the matter thanks
You’re supposed to receive a minimum of 7 days notice before OPC tests happen. I reckon you’re within your rights to request the November test.

Status
Not open for further replies.