• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern drivers Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBadger

You’re supposed to receive a minimum of 7 days notice before OPC tests happen. I reckon you’re within your rights to request the November test.

This is true. I'm fairly certain I signed a declaration before starting the tests to confirm I was fit and well enough to take the test and that I'd been provided with the info pack at least 7 days prior to sitting the tests.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

i have just bit the bullet and gone for it not ideal like but just have the same chance as e everyone else

Last edited:

Duns2208

i have just bit the bullet and gone for it not ideal like but just have the same chance as e everyone else
Like others have said I’m sure I also signed to confirm I’d received a pack at least 7 days prior to the test. One of the few things VTEC got right was they gave us about 6 weeks to prep. Fully understand why you wouldn’t want to rock the boat by requesting a later date but if you can speak to someone at Northern to clarify as you don’t want a failure through no fault of your own either, it may even be a requirement to sit the test that you’ve had a prep pack. If you go for it though there is a load of other info on here and available online so I’d definitely look over that as much as you can today if you’ve not already so you know what to expect. The info I found on here was probably more helpful than the prep pack. Other than that I’d say work fast but accuracy is key and good luck with it

Cyclist

Due to a high volume of applicants, please allow our team 2 weeks to process and review all of the applications.

Last time 2 weeks was 4 months. Let’s see what it is this time.

Cusaeng

Not a thing. My application on the DB site just says pending. Mind I only applied for the application that closed in October.
Not expecting anything soon

TheBadger

Not a thing. My application on the DB site just says pending. Mind I only applied for the application that closed in October.
Not expecting anything soon

The last round took 3 months to get to interview stage. Fingers crossed this one is a lot quicker for you.

Caad12

Well there's a turn up for the books - been invited for interview as of yesterday as I "narrowly missed out" on the summer vacancies for Trainee Driver.

Anyone else been retrospectively contacted?

Cusaeng

Well there's a turn up for the books - been invited for interview as of yesterday as I "narrowly missed out" on the summer vacancies for Trainee Driver.

Anyone else been retrospectively contacted?

Nope nothing yet. Did you apply for the job that closed a few weeks back?.
How were you informed?.
Best of luck with the interview!.

Caad12

Nope nothing yet. Did you apply for the job that closed a few weeks back?.
How were you informed?.
Best of luck with the interview!.

Thank you.

I applied for the positions that was advertised over the summer - got knocked back so left it and thought I'd not hear anything again due to the scarcity of Northern advertising for Newcastle.

I'm happy but now the study starts on where I need to read up, GB, assessments, etc. That's providing I get through the interview!

Choochoo_loco

Mine still reads "application in progress" on the DB site . 1st email said 2-4 weeks then 2nd email approx 2 weeks later said 2 weeks. Well that time has expired now . Should I take it as my application was unsuccessful if others have been invited for interview or will my application status update at some point to " unsuccessful" ?

Mine still reads "application in progress" on the DB site . 1st email said 2-4 weeks then 2nd email approx 2 weeks later said 2 weeks. Well that time has expired now . Should I take it as my application was unsuccessful if others have been invited for interview or will my application status update at some point to " unsuccessful" ?

Maybe its worth phoning them to find out as I was told that if I didn't hear within 2 weeks then I should consider my application unsuccessful - although that was for the recent vacancies

Cusaeng

For what its worth mine has now changed to application in progress rather than received.
Not sure if that’s an automated thing but it’s just happened since Saturday when I last checked.

Choochoo_loco

Mine has been on application in progress for 4 weeks. Only said application received for first 24 hours . Not that I'm checking every day or anything ....:oops:

Cusaeng

:lol: Me neither I was just curious if it had changed as it has been in received since the closing date.
I love this waiting and guessing game;)

Caad12

Got to go for Assessment day in a couple of weeks time - anyone know how close the centre is to the rail station at Doncaster or is it easier to just drive down?

Over the moon I've made it to this stage.

LETHLFH

DB put a mini bus on from station when I done them about 2 years ago. Took about 10 minutes.

TheBadger

I'd thoroughly recommend the Travelodge nearby. Get there the night before. Relax, revise, practice and get a good night's sleep. The last thing I'd want is a long journey the morning of the assessments.

Caad12

I'd thoroughly recommend the Travelodge nearby. Get there the night before. Relax, revise, practice and get a good night's sleep. The last thing I'd want is a long journey the morning of the assessments.

Good shout. I'll look in to that one.

Lee0901

I applied for Buxton at the beginning of November and mine says application in process

Status
Not open for further replies.