• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Electrics branding

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
Since when have the Class 322 units on the Leeds - Skipton etc routes being branded as 'Northern Electric' rather than 'Northern (Rail)'?

Fairly sure it is only very recently that the auto announcements have referenced it, but I can't see it being a new recording based on the fact the 08:32 Leeds to Forster Square still thinks it stops at Frizinghall :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

headshot119

Established Member
Probably since they recorded the new name when the Liverpool to Manchester services went over to 319 operation. They too are branded as "Northern Electric"

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I think it was at the same time (or shortly after) the 321/322 units were refurbished and made 2020-compliant. I was on 321903 a few weeks ago and noticed the "Northern Electrics" scrolling on the PIS. However I also noticed signs pointing towards the old toilets were still up, with stickers pointing to the new toilet stuck below. You'd think whoever put them up could've taken the old ones down!

Bantamzen

Established Member
What strikes me more about the 321/322 refurb and new PIS is when approaching Shipley, after announcing the station the system immediately warns passengers to report anything suspicious. What are they trying to say about Shipley..... :D

DJH1971

Established Member
What strikes me more about the 321/322 refurb and new PIS is when approaching Shipley, after announcing the station the system immediately warns passengers to report anything suspicious. What are they trying to say about Shipley..... :D

Just like the 319's then

Status
Not open for further replies.