• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern "evening returns"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how one can purchase one of Northern Rail's "evening returns" to Manchester?

Basically, my partner bought an evening return from Buckshaw Parkway to Manchester Stations. It cost him £5.45. I can't find this fare anywhere on the Northern website, it just gives me the standard Any-time Off Peak Return price. I've asked him how he got it and he said he booked through the Trainline (I know, I know, I've explained hundreds of times) and he said he collected the ticket at the station on the same day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The child off peak day return is £5.45. Have they bought that?
Thanks for the reply. No, there is no mention of it being a child's fare. The top left-hand corner says "EVENING RETURN" and there's a web link on the ticket saying "For restrictions nre.co.uk/FE".

M28361M

Was the ticket purchased through this offer? https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/50off
Northern are offering 50% discount on off-peak train travel on evenings and Saturdays on several routes in the Greater Manchester area.

This discount is valid on eligible services from Monday 2nd September until Friday 1st November.

The evening offer is valid outward on any train timed to depart between 18.30 – 21.00 inclusive.

The Saturday offer is valid all day Saturday.

Where is this offer valid?

This offer is valid on the below lines of route and is inclusive of all intermediary stations:
  • Buckshaw Parkway - Manchester stations
  • Darwen - Manchester stations
  • Wigan Wallgate / North Western - Manchester stations
Note that the offer apparently ended on 1st November, did your partner travel before then?

Status
Not open for further replies.