• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern FCC Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

Hardly the northenr MML!, come up our end and thats the northern MML, not Bedford a puny 50 miles off St. Pan :p

richa2002

Established Member
Sorry about that, I was thinking the MML ended at Bedford which obviously it doesn't :lol:!
[EDIT]
Videos are at www.freewebs.com/railatestuk

I welcome any comments. Also, do you think the quality in these videos is worse than the ones before (the NR 101, 47813 at Harpenden etc.)?

Thanks

Coxster

Established Member
I've edited the thread title - you only edited the post title.

Jordy

Established Member
Strange goings on at Bedford by the looks of it?

A 319 in the platform that is usually used by MML, am I correct in thinking that MML non stop trains also pass that platform? Then a HST in the usually thameslink platform, and a 66 going the wrong way on the fast line!!

Or I could be completely wrong ;)

Jordy

class 313

Established Member
platform 1 - 3 is Mostly FCC but MML do use them. Platform 4 is MML only. And the 66 i THINK is on the right line. Hope that clears things up

ChrisCooper

Established Member
FCC can use any of platforms 1-3, which are all electrified and all bi-directional. Platform 4 is used by Northbound MML trains only, and is not electrified. Southbound stopping MMLs will also use any of the 3 main platforms, with none stop trains using the station avoiding Up Fast, between P3 and P4 (which is what the 66 is on). Northbound MMLs also used to use P1-3, with the Down Fast also being an avoiding line, but with the introduction of the Turbostars and the increase in MML services stopping at Bedford, and also those running through none stop, P4 was built next to the Down Fast, preventing the need for 2 conflicting movements over the Up Fast (one at the south and one at the north of the station). Up trains have it easier, since they don't really conflict at the north of the station, since the slow lines north of Bedford don't see that much use, and at the south end, the slow lines are bi-directionally signalled from the station to Bedford South Junction where MMLs regain the Up Fast, so could use P3 without conflicting with P1 and P2, or P2 without conflicting with P1. Trains to and from the stabling siding to the north need to use P1. The Bay is only used by the Bedford to Blethley line, but is electrified and can be used as a headshunt from the sidings for a 4 car EMU.

class 313

Established Member
ChrisCooper said:
Trains to and from the stabling siding to the north need to use P1. The Bay is only used by the Bedford to Blethley line, but is electrified and can be used as a headshunt from the sidings for a 4 car EMU.

That would be platform 1A :P

Status
Not open for further replies.